Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

memory reorganiser N97

Counsellor
warmth

Re: memory reorganiser N97

I am having a bad issue right now... my apps manager crash when opening :smileyfrustrated:... so I can't uninstall it... I have tried using batchuninstaller app but it doesn't display all the installed apps...
Current: Nokia Lumia 1020 [WP8], Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8] & Mango Natural STAR I9220 (N9770) [Android 4.1.1] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 925, 720, 820, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.
Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | ElGourmetUrbano.net, NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Dear friend Carman58 ,

thanks alot for the tip , it's work just fine and now i have 45Mb of free space , wow wow and many thanks , merci , sholom .

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
warmth

jcourcoul where did you get the sis file?
Current: Nokia Lumia 1020 [WP8], Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8] & Mango Natural STAR I9220 (N9770) [Android 4.1.1] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 925, 720, 820, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.
Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | ElGourmetUrbano.net, NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Quick update the sis file is now available on nokia site, just download to pc and drag and drop, !

Same applies, save on pc and re-use if you need to :smileywink:

http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/product-support/n97/software

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
warmth

thanks carman58 :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
warmth

[ Edited ]

After a hard reset I did today I reinstalled reorganiser and guess what? for the first time the icon appeared in my apps folder and I used it... weird that never appeared before... I thought I was already using it but I guess I wasn't before now... Just after use it the app says is gonna uninstall automatically and the icon disappeared...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

@warmth, that is how the reorganiser should work! - Anyhow, As you may know from uninstalling, the reorganiser uninstaller wil still be in your application manager, and needs to be deletet if youre gonna install it more times!

There could have been some glitches on your device that made the phone act wierd. A hard/soft reset usually wipes out those glitches if your fw has not been faulty installed.

Everything else working fine now?
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

This thread is also a proove of it's worth following carmans movements on these boards as he oftens keeps us updated on beta apps and other nice little workarounds. - This way you will not have to do all your work yourself as Carman does it for you.

Pay attention to him and pay in kudos!
Please use plain text.
Fuinha51

Where did you get de sis file?

Please use plain text.
Fuinha51

[ Edited ]

I'm not able to find the file. Could you send it to me by email? I'll give a million green stars!!!

Please use plain text.
Sage

Yeah didn't work for me either. Even after deleting the file in the installed apps folder, it didn't show up again in software update.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
averycoolguy

Hi Guys,

Please be advised not to post any personal informations.  Posting of personal informations is against the forum guidelines.

Please use plain text.
Fuinha51

My fault! Sorry!

Can anyone post a direct link to download the sis file?

At the link http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/product-support/n97/software there's no clue about how to get the file.

If you don't have a direct link it could be helpful a step by step guideline...please  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Is this file avaliable or not any more?
I don't want to format my cellular...
Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

The memory reorganiser sis file has been removed from the N97 web site because it didn't function properly. Instead, you should use the instructions in the original post of this thread by carman58 if you want to run again the reorganiser:

1. Select Menu > Settings > Application mgr. > Installed apps. and uninstall "Reorganiser Uninstaller"
  2. Select Menu > Applications > SW Update and install "Memory reorganiser"

Note that you must have N97 20.0.019 or later, the reorganiser application is not available for the older device versions.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

@pj98: I think I can speak for the majority of us when I say that your (mods) contribution is highly wanted and appreciated on these boards. Keep it coming!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Great, thanks a lot.
Please use plain text.
Marco_Tessaroto

Hi PJ98

My N97 SO version is 21.2.0.45 and Memory Reorganizer is not available. Is there any other way to get some free memory in drive C:? I have cleaned all private data from native internet browser. Now what?

It is too stupid to have a cell phone with 32GB and only 5MB available in the most importante device drive... Wake up Nokia!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

The version 22 on N97  runs Memory Reorganizer automatically on each Software Update (personal experience). Once you install Memory reorganizer then you can remove the uninstaller from the Install Programs and then Memory Reorganizer will remain always there as installed. No need to reinstall again :smileyhappy: So run as often as you want. It will tell you that application will remove itself but it cannot as there is no uninstaller :smileyhappy:

Regards

Zeeshan

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

[ Edited ]

I would dispute that as I have v2.2 and still need to remove Reorganizer Uninstaller to re-install the app !! However I suppose this could be unique to my handset, and so people should simply do what works for them :smileywink:

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.