Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

message editor : feature not supported

Registered Member
sandan

message editor : feature not supported

i have nokia c7-00 i cannot send text message error message editor feature not supported. pls help

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kingblue

Re: message editor : feature not supported

Hi,

First make a backup from your phone, using Ovi Suite

Then follow these steps :

• try a hard reset of your phone, by entering the code *#7370# -> if a security code is being requested enter 12345
  • if still not working, use Ovi Suite, to try and look for software updates. If no software updates are available, Ovi Suite will propose you to reinstall the current software version -> do this

If still not working, you will need to have your phone checked in a local Nokia Care Point.

Kind regards,

kingblue

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Nokia E6 Belle SMS problem: Message editor: Feature not supported

My wife's phone is E6 and we have done every conceivable reset after Anna-to-Belle update. Today the Nokia Mobile Spa's service person did yet another reset and the first test SMS went through. 

However, the same problem reoccured after just 2-3 SMS's sent.

It seems to be possible to reply to a received SMS, but when the text message is written from scratch, the handset  give the error message "Message editor: Feature not supported".

**bleep** is going on these days? I have learned that Nokia can make the basic things work... 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: Nokia E6 Belle SMS problem: Message editor: Feature not supported

More testing of the same: When I tried to reply another time from E6 to a message received (from E7), the E6 gave the same error message. I rebooted the E6 and managed to send the reply to the E7. However, I could not send  another SMS to the same E7 using the reply function. And still there is no way to get a message written from  scratch. I am running out of expletives this Valentine's day...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Today, the E6 went back to Nokia Care again. The previous "repair" (the receipt said something about "tuning" the device) in Nokia's Central Factory Repair Shop didn't help and the same issue started popping up on and off again.SMS is a fairly old feature of a GSM phone. One would imagine that Nokia had got it working already.  

P.S. Interestingly, Nokia representatives do not seem to read these messages at all. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

On Saturday, I spent over 2 hours in an online chat session with a Nokia support representative. We went methodically through the entire process, checked all sorts of things and finally the guy told he can't help and will escalate the case to his case manager. In the meantime, the phone has been three time in Nokia Central Factory Repair Shop and also the SIM has been replaced. Remains to be seen when the Case Manager will finally get in touch and authorize the Warranty Replacement of the phone.
Please use plain text.
shivantha17

Dear Nokia Support representatative,

i am having the same problem. after i updated to BELLE, only 2 messages went from the scratch. after that when i try to send a fresh message, it says "Message editor: Feature not supported". I can reply to any message. but i cannot send a message in fresh way. i think this is a BUG of BELLE OS. I am using N8.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
deda_kg

me2 having the same problem, nokia should fix this asap
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lorddupak

Hi,

I am having same problem thats being discussed here....Message Editor: Fetaure not supported keeps popping up time and again. Not being able to send SMS is a rather painful situation. Is there any relaiable work around/solution for this problem? If it helps, my phone is still under the warranty cover - will Nokia Care do the needful ?

Please use plain text.
Tobi1A

Dear Nokia,

This is not funny. Not only can I no longer send text messages from my beautiful E6, use the 'chat' but recently my girlfriend got some old texts, which were not meant for her. What if the wrong me4ssgae got to the wrong person? Who would be liable?

All those of you, who are having problems, you should check which messages are goiung to whom. You might be surprised.

Please fix this bug SOON. BTW, I also followed the instructyions provided at the beginig of the post and no good came of it. All that happend was that I lost my apps, which I payed for, and my bank log-in widget.

Please use plain text.
AussieJP

This is definitely not the phone! Mine was fine before the Belle "update". Now it is having the same problems as listed in this discussion. I have re-installed Belle, and it made absolutely no difference. Nokia, this is a bug. FIX IT!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gablec

I have N8, and got the same "feature not supported problem" since I installed Belle.

I have N8 from October 2010, and I remember only PR1.2 as a good update. From February 2011 till August 2011 I did not have any issues with my N8. Phone was unbelievable reliable and good.

In my opinion both Anna and Belle are **bleep**.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
silvercrab

Hey, I found a way to circumvent the problem.

Go to inbox, click on the bottom right button, then choose "create message"

You can write a message from scratch there.

Hope it works for you too :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mat_on_the_web

Thanks silvercrab, this worked for me.
Updated to belle a week ago, everything was fine and then suddenly today I cant send a text message. Please fix asap Nokia, this is one of the most basic features for a phone!
Please use plain text.
Tobi1A

Went to Service Center. They helped. It took only a few hours. They said it had something to do with the back-up done by default when installing Belle. I'm in Poland, where the error code in the service shop was "110" and the description of the job done was "change of software".

Thankful for the fix, I'm still dissapointed that I had to go to the SC and waste my time on something I could have probably done myslef if NOKIA cared about fixing this bug through an update or detailed instructions on how.

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Pauljak

I think it is a damaged architecture of messages uploaded from backup. The solution is not to restore the messages backup. Worked for me. Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Callyb

[ Edited ]

This is ridiculous, I also have the same problem of when I eventually can send messages that old ones are tagged onto the end of the text.

I don't know how or where these are coming from, I've deleted all of the old messages. Infact, today I replied to one person using the conversation mode and it sent the message to someone else and logged it in their conversations.

Thought Anna was bad, very basic for this day and age, but at least it worked!

Come on Nokia, you're a huge company with many followers, but keep this rubbish up and you'll no longer be a market leader! I wouldn't buy another Nokia after this, which is a shame after all these years. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Juniok

Hi, am facing the same issue with my N8 whereby old text messages are being appended to the current ones that are being sent out ... Worst still it is being sent to other recepients in my phonebook. Private and confidential information maybe compromised. Called Nokia and they told me to do a reset but problem persists. Does anyone haveany solution for this ? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mirzich

I olso have tha same problem about my nokia e6 and about my girlfriend :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
neongreen28

the passcode 12345 didnt work, pls help
Please use plain text.