Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: my phone have been reformatted by itself, what...

shermansagun

my phone have been reformatted by itself, what shall i do??

My nokia x2-01 just hanged a couple of days ago, i cant turn it off, then i decided to take off the battery and put it back, when i turn it on, it just reformatted by itself, all things have been back to the first version, no inbox, no music key at messaging key, no calculator and no virtual variant code... now, i have been searching a whole lot of time having to get a solution, but then i see this *#7780# code, but when i type it then press ok, it asks me the security code, i inserted 12345, but it doesnt recognize it and i even use my old security code but it really wont work

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Re: my phone have been reformatted by itself, what shall i do??

Hi shermansagun,

Welcome to the Nokia forums.

If your device isn't recognising the default security code and your sure you haven't changed it then the only option is to seek out one of our Nokia Care points.

You can find your local Nokia care point on the following link:

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/

Regards

Raoul_Duke
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Raoul_Duke wrote:

If your device isn't recognising the default security code and your sure you haven't changed it then the only option is to seek out one of our Nokia Care points.

Please be aware that proof of purchase may be required to reset security code upon device.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
shermansagun

i got my security code back, i used my old one and it worked... now my problem is, as i was saying, my phone just hang and reformatted itself removing the inbox, music and messaging key, virtual variant, calculator, etc. can you help me with this problem?? i tried everything, updating the software, soft resetting, reset factory settings, but still, nothing is happening.. good thing it has a conversation to look for the messages. please help me..T.T

Please use plain text.
shermansagun

sorry, i just put the default security code a lot of times so it didnt recognized my old one..
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

if there was anything that could have been done in the beginning, that fact that you have updated everything, hard reset , reinstalled everything etc. that you have done there is no chance of recovery from all of that.

If youhave a backup saved on your pc, then you should be able to restore from there. Obviously this wont be as up to date as your phone was, unless you had just done it. but at least you willlhave something.

Please use plain text.