Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: n8 application history

sliversnake

n8 application history

i found that if i reinstall any app,the phone seems to remember its previous settings.is there any way to prevent that??

Please use plain text.
sliversnake

anybody???

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You will have to remove Each & Every file associated with that application..and for that you MUST be 100% sure that a particular file is of that particular application and not linked either to other application or the phone system file..else you will lend in trouble.. The surest way is to Format the Card or Reset the phone and then Restoring / Re-installing everything..

..though for some applications UN-INSTALLING and then Re-installing will do that..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Professor
babis3g

the problem is if some one has not knowlege to go in the system and look every single file of the application to delete manual may cost a damage
i have same problem, if i unistall it it remembers previous settings so if the application has cost problem in the phone , the problem will not go

if reset the phone then other problems will occur like problems with map or ovi
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I also find this bad that the phone don't uninstall programs fully.

It will end up in a sluggish registry and maybe a slower phone after a while.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

I am not a Software Engineer.. so won't know for sure but I think its the fault with the Programme (Application) and not of the Phone..or the Application is purposely written that way perhaps..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.