Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: n8 battery life....??

Counsellor

@jajabinx35

I have been having an 8gb SD card for 3 days now. yes it takes battery but I don't think its something major. I have had to charge once in these 3 days it lasted me 1 and half days, I get 2 days usually, My phone is new and my usage is still not stabilized. The main reason why I chose to keep the SD card as it serves as a back up device, a factory reset formats the whole phone including the 16 GB memory on the phone.

Still doing tests on the battery life.. will have some info soon.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Ok. Its all solved for me. Removing the memory card has made a massive improvement. Before, it would not last me a day, now it lasts for two days (maybe even more, as my battery has not died out yet.)

I am so pleased with the result, now I love this phone! oh, and as I am using my n8 to write this message, please give kudos to the member who had suggested this solution in the fifth page.

So now, I want more n8 users to remove their micro sd cards out of their n8, and let us know if this improves the battery life of your device. If it does, I think this thread is declared solved.

Lastly, as I am now a satisfied user of the n8, I would like to say thank you to nokia for making the best phone ever as of yet.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Akuma07

I have installed the Battery Monitor app and noticed that my battery has now lasted only 30 hours, as aposed to the 60 hours it lasted all last week.

Maybe the app is what is causing it?

Hit the white star if I have helped you =]
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

The comments about a difference in power consumption are interesting. It is not logical for the installation of solid-state memory of this nature to cause additional consumption unless it is being frequently accessed; which might well be the case if certain apps that use databases of certain file types (such as the gallery or music player) are left open.

Also check if WLAN is definitely off, some users have reported that once switched on they have struggled to persuade it to switch off, presumably again because active apps or widgets are trying to make frequent connections.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

hey jajabinx35

I use the memory card only for videos and photos. I dont install any apps or have any other data on it. maybe that is why there is not much difference for me. what about you?

sks

Please use plain text.
Sage
mikwag

I saw on a thread here, that one way to increase battery life was to fully charge phone while switched off, and then disconnect the charger, leave a few minutes and reconnect, at which point it continues to charge.  Repeat this process about 5 times, until it doesn't start charging on reconnection.  I did this this morning and the battery monitor has shown 100% all day until now (about 7 hours later - no use at all) Yesterday it was steadily dropping over the day.  Just took a call for about 15 minutes and it dropped to 89% and is now slowly rising - currently 92% - and now up to 94%. It will be interesting to see whether this improved life continues - perhaps it is something to do with 'conditioning'?

My current phone - Samsung Galaxy Note
Please use plain text.
Sage
lanita

mikwag wrote:

I saw on a thread here, that one way to increase battery life was to fully charge phone while switched off, and then disconnect the charger, leave a few minutes and reconnect, at which point it continues to charge.  Repeat this process about 5 times, until it doesn't start charging on reconnection.  I did this this morning and the battery monitor has shown 100% all day until now (about 7 hours later - no use at all) Yesterday it was steadily dropping over the day.  Just took a call for about 15 minutes and it dropped to 89% and is now slowly rising - currently 92% - and now up to 94%. It will be interesting to see whether this improved life continues - perhaps it is something to do with 'conditioning'?

Hi there,

I tried this "technique" with no positive results...

Im stating to believe I need to replace my battery...

If you found this post helpful, please click the green button. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
tomtom44

Same problem for me too. It seems that there is a problem here with a small amount of N8 devices.

The critical question is weather this is a battery issue or a device's power management issue. I believe the second, because all batteries are the same.

If anyone have an answer for the above, please help! 

Please use plain text.
Sage
andycoydwilson

i have a 16 GB card installed and found no detriment in battery life. But if those of us who love playing with our N8's on and off all day then we will drain them. I use web, music (via B'tooth), GPS, games and widgets on most of day and it usually lasts me.
my solution get a phone dock like the one I have from mobilefun (temp out of stock) and place it on charge for night (doubles as night stand clock too)
If this was helpful please click Star for Kudos

Phone history :-3210, 3100, 3200, 6230i, N73, N95-8GB, N97, N8, Lumia800, Lumia920, Lumia620, Lumia820, Lumia1020
Please use plain text.
Advisor
brokey

Early on when I charged the phone overnight I would remove the cord from the phone and it would report that it had just over 2 days charge remaining. I would then be able to use the phone to my hearts content and that included playing MP3's constantly (whilst out and about on public transport), using widgets, playing the odd game, making a few calls, taking a few photos and surfing the 'net. After all this the battery widget would tell me that there was about 50% charge remaining so I would, as is the habit, put the phone on charge overnight and repeat the process...about a week ago the battery widget has started to tell me that I now have only just over 1 days charge remaining after an overnight charge. I have tried the "warm" charge but when I awoke the phone was only at 50%. I had to boot the phone up to charge it to its capacity. I am a bit worried that the change going from 2 days to 1 days is an indication of a slowly dying battery.

cheers

col

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
manti04

Yes. I also have similar problem. When I appprocahed the Care center they said by upgrading the battery backup will improve. Even after up grading the theresult was same. Later they sent the handset to HO for necessary rectification. After 10 days I received and the result is ZERO. What is to be done????????????

Please use plain text.
81matt

Hi,

as I already posted in another thread, my N8 had 100% CPU usage due to something with the photo gallery after using an SD card. This drained a full battery in only a few houres.

Now I just don't use an SD card and the problem has not returned. Sad but true...

Regards

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mehnaaz1778

iam also having similpar issues :smileysad:
iam starting to get annoyed with this
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BrianF123

Sadly battery life has suddenly reduced for me also, I normally use my phone playing mostly MP3 music on a daily basis through my ear buds for the last 6 months of owning an N8 without any problems. However, in the last few days battery power has deleted before I've even got home in time to charge it.

I would usually run my battery to one bar before recharge and have added no new apps, only music.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BrianF123

I erased JOIKUSPOT LIGHT wifi application from my N8 and now the battery life is back to normal again!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pgferrari

I had same problem as sona12

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dubble

Solution to all problems concerning battery life :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet-Dual-Port-Universal-Incredible-Blackberry/dp/B000NDQ92W

You will just need to have a 110-220V to USB power converter (like the apple one http://www.iphone-accessoire.com/371-1264-large/chargeur-secteur-usb-apple-pour-iphone-et-ipod.jpg) and it will provide several battery lives (approx 4)

Please use plain text.