Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

n8 lock code removal

Registered Member

n8 lock code removal

how do I remove lock code? i remember the code.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: n8 lock code removal

You can't remove the lock code as such but you can always change it back to the default code which is 12345.

All the settings for the lock code and when the lock code is required can be found at Settings>Phone>Phone management>Security settings>Phone and sim

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hamdooo

i need some help i i bought nokia n8 phone from china and its locked how can i unlocked any idea
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Is it locked to a Network? In that case no one on this forum can help.. Its only the Operator (Original Network provider..) that can help..which will be unlikely within such a short period of the contract..

Other type of lock is the Phone being locked with a Security Code..In a NEW phone this may not be the case.. but just for reference.. under such  a case Nokia Care can reset the securiy code but you will have to prove the phone's ownership by producing the Bill / Invoice..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
misanigltd

i have the code. i just dont want the phone to have a code anymore. what can i do
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

12345 does NOT unlock my phone.Any other numbers i can try ???

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Have you set your own code and forgot about it ? In any case if 12345 is not working and you do not remember the code if set by you, then the only place where you can get it reset to default is Nokia care. Carrying the proof of ownership (Bill / Invoice) may be necessary. In absence of data back-up, you tend to lose it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

A bit confused going by the instructions on Pg.No.109 of the User_Guide that says the lock code to be of 4 characters (Min.). Try 0000 or 1111 and so on..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

tried all the obvious 4 number codes as well.My local NCC no longer  work on phones within warranty unless purchased from them.Nearest NCC is 30 miles away.Spoke to Nokia care and they told me i need to get it to a NCC and get them to do a reflash to sort the problem.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

You can't remove the lock code as such but you can always change it back to the default code which is 12345.

All the settings for the lock code and when the lock code is required can be found at Settings>Phone>Phone management>Security settings>Phone and sim

i did all that,pressed 12345 then entered my new code 12345 and verified it 12345 and then i got an error message,lol

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

UPDATE

put the sim in,turned on phone and it worked with no lock code required.Then i get loads of texts from Vodafone with settings for this that and the other.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Lol.. Thankfully the problem seems to be resolved..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kirce

Hi mate, did u have an solution? i have the same problem.

Please use plain text.
doctor1972

hi friends,  N9 security code, mine has locked, has been asking for security code, kindly assist me, pls.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: n9 lock code removal

[ Edited ]

Although all user data would be deleted, you could always "zeroize" the device as here: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Maemo-and-MeeGo-Devices/Nokia-N9-Security-Code/m-p/1579126/highlight...

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
schneizel12

how can I remove the code? I don't remember the code.
Please use plain text.