Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

n8 phone memory low

AkshatMehendale

n8 phone memory low

hi, i'm akshat
i have n8 belle, and have problem of low phone memory. I searched answers to this problem on the forum, all were related to deleting old messages etc. If i go to memory details via file manager, contacts and messages together only occupy 10mb. Most is taken up by 'other files'.
I opened my phone memory via x-plore app, and i found a folder called Private. It has around 88mb memory. And it looks useless, it has files with names of apps that i have uninstalled ages ago. Can i delete the folder Private?? How will it affect my phone if i delete it...??
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
eKamran

Re: n8 phone memory low

NO need to play with Private folder.
Try deleting apps, n reunstall it in E drive. It might get u sum memory in C
In Love with Nokia, Symbian & N8-00
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Hey AkshatMehendale,

Welcome to the Nokia Forums!

You could try to go into your phone web browser options and in privacy settings clear your phone cache to free up some memory.

Also remove any unwanted media files such as photos, music and videosto free up memory space, by moving them onto your PC via USB mass storage mode.

Also as eKamran said, uninstalling some apps will also helps free up memory.

I hope these suggestions helped!

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
bogs028

ive encountered this problem before..

let meask you some questions first

do you sync your mail to your phone? if yes then it could be one of the cause of your problem. because the data stored in the mail sync somehow is not deleted automatically butim not sure about this, it is only what i have observed on my phone

do you use social app? i yes it mayalso be acause of your problem as it is the same with the mail app it also uses the c: drive to save its files

hope this helps though im not 100% sure, when i stoped using this 2 apps my memory stoped decreasing

Please use plain text.
AkshatMehendale

Hey I had no multimedia stored in phone memory, and only apps downloaded via betalabs were installed on phone memory.

Nonetheless, I did a "delete data and restore factory settings" and now I'm unable to install some critically important apps like Store client(I have tried both betalabs version as well as usual version available via http://go.store.ovi.mobi). I'm unable to install Nokia Drop, maps, wellness diary and all... but i'm still able to install apps via nokia suite/usb mode...

The progress bar of installation reaches 100% then says installation failed.

Also, I lost the nokia music app and all the preloaded apps like quick office/adobe reader after reset, how can I get them back??

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
eKamran

The best sokutiin for hou will b a Hard reset followed by a Re-installation of Firmware..
This might help you to get the default apps back.

Make sure you take a backup of all your data,
n you should also format yojr memory card in case you using it..
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

I suggest that you reinstall your phone software using Nokia Suite.  

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.

i have the same problem. This is really annoying. I have been using Nokia for many years. But within some months i have to reinstall again. I think it is timer for a new phone...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
eKamran

Nokia N8-00 with Symbian Belle takes good care for C:/ Memory,

Saves about 100+ MB at first.

Its all the apps, Games and other instllation that Eats up the C:/ memory.

Best solution for this is to Use E:/ for all apps installation.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Hopefully my tutorial here will help? http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/14682_How_to_Get_disk_space_back_on_.php - usually gets people back 20MB or so... :Cool:
Steve Litchfield
3-Lib (Tips/resources/Info for Nokia smartphones and Communicators) plus All About Symbian
Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

Compared to my E90 (s60v3), where I'm utterly clued up on memory preserving/enhancing tips, I'm utterly clueless on my N8 (^3, Belle). For example, there doesn't appear to be a choice for message storage - in any case, deleting messages has little effect on memory status of C:. #Fuming.
Symbian connected me to the world, to my dreams.. Thank-you Nokia
Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

The (e)mailbox tip here just saved me 20MB: discussions.nokia.com/t5/forums/mobileforumtopicpage/board-id/smartphones/thread-id/282683

:smileyhappy:
Symbian connected me to the world, to my dreams.. Thank-you Nokia
Please use plain text.
Dregirl

so i am having this problem like ..it says my phone memory is full 0 space remain. But when i check into all the files, they are all empty. Why is that ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

The phone memory has a tendency to fill up with random log and other files in the area's you can't access

With the n8 a full reset every 8-12 months will clear this rubbish out and restore the memory
Please use plain text.
Sage
joe808

I had similar issues with my 808. Have a look here http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/Storage-space-problem-in-Belle-808/m...

THANK YOU :smileyhappy:

If this post was useful, click the white star.

Nokia 808 with Belle FP2 (113.010.1506)
Type RM-807
Product code 059p7z2
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Acura69

Usually when I get this message I delete everything in my Temp Folder & that does the trick for a while.  Unfortunately, that stopped working so I did some investigating and fixed it antoher way - apps that came with my N8 (like Youtube or Shazam) were installed on the C drive; also, apps I acquired thru Software Updates (like MS Office & Communicator) were on the C as well.  

I have the Nokia Store setup to install on the E drive so I tried to uninstall & reinstall the software thru the Store but it still defaulted back to the C drive.  Therefore, I just uninstalled software that I have never used like Quick Office & that freed up a lot memory on my C drive.

Now my N8 is a lot faster too, like the good ol days.

Please use plain text.