Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

n85 hard reset

n85 hard reset

Can someone explain me how to do hard reset to n85/

i have v20.175/

i have tried *#7370#

and after that *#7780#

but nothing changed, the programs still installed.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: n85 hard reset

it is not easy to do a hard reset on the n85, i know i have done it on more than one ocassion but it is possible to do. make sure you have all the back up of your stuff from the phone and you can try option 3 tho it is only really recommended when your phone is dead and not responding to anything else. it will remove all data from the phone. n85 has udp - user data preservation hence when you try to restore settings and such it retains user data. the only time it will not is if you use the third option with the memory card out and phone turned off. read the instructions carefully. good luck 

1. *#7780# - Restore factory settings - resets all the settings to the default ( you will not lose any data)
Make sure you back up your data as you will lose all of it when you perform option 2 or 3 on this list. The default code for all operations listed here is 12345

2. *#7370# - Reformat your phone

3. This you perform as a last resort. Nothing else is working.If the phone is not showing any activity, proceed with hard formatting , turn off your phone, hold the following buttons while pressing the power button. (the default code is 12345)
hard reset - hold the following buttons *, 3 (number button) and talk/green key. turn on the phone and do not release those buttons until you see the Nokia boot up screen. once you feel the phone power up you can let go off the power button while still holding all three buttons ( for Nokia 5800XM - use the following buttons to do a hard reset, GREEN/RED/CAMERA keys pressed all at once on power up. this will only work on 5800's that have firmware version 20... and up. )

If these codes are not working the only thing for you to do is contact your Nokia Care Center/Service for assistance.

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

[ Edited ]

hey there,

those codes you entered are for soft reset. hard reset is peformed by first turning the phone off, then pressing and holding down the green call key, 3 key and * key all at the same time, whilst pressing the power button. Until the Nokia shaking hand logo appears. remember to do a backup of your phone contents to your memory card and/or to Nokia PC Suite as a backup .nbu file. remember it will wipe everyhting off your phone.

please throw some kudos our way, it would mean a lot to us :smileyhappy:

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post!

Message Edited by adrianhughes on 10-Jun-2009 01:01 AM
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
brinks

Thanks for the info, I found this thread from a Google search and the three finger trick worked for me to erase all the data before I sold my phone.

Cheers :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gabelu88

I've try all off this 3 codes and nothing....

I have some pictures in my memory phone that i could not delet them, it says: "General:system error.

I need some advice please,thank you.

Please use plain text.