Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: n86 battery life ridiculous?

Advisor
avion111

n86 battery life ridiculous?

i have a nokia n86 and i charge it to full, after half a day i find the battery empty, this is ridiculous ive only had it for a week and i don't use it extensively.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

do you have the likes of bluetooth on if so turn it off also the packet data connection select when needed

also turn of 3g go to gsm mode rather than dual mode these tips will save alot of power

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
avion111

i always have bluetooth off, i don't know how to switch data connection off or switch to gsm mode, how do u do this?

also a lot of people are saying that under heavy use battery will last between 1-2 days, could there be a problem with my battery

Please use plain text.
Sage
zomgdude

Menu - Tools - Settings - Phone - Network - Network mode: GSM.

If you're there, you could try turning the WLan scanning off, that will reduce the battery life drastically: 

Menu - Tools - Settings - Connection - Wlan - Show available WLAN - Never

Make sure that when you're finished using an application, you're closing it, by selecting Options - Close/Exit, or by holding the menu key, and pressing the C button on the apps left open. The applications that run in background are draining the battery, too. 

Mine holds on about 5 days, with about 30 mins a day talk, net surfing by wlan about 15 mins a day, and some music listening. However, in pure idle mode it "dropped dead" in about 10 days. If by disabling the wlan scanning, turning your phone on GSM mode and closing the apps, you don't solve the battery problem, I'd say there's something wrong with it.. 

If, from time to time, I actually give a good advice, please click on the Kudos icon, I have cookies and free hats!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
avion111

cheers mate, also if anybody out there knows where the _palbtn folder is bcoz i can't find it on this phone, i can see it in any oher nokia phone but not this cuz i wanna hide some stuff from gallery, anybody know anything about this?
Please use plain text.
Sage
zomgdude

It's in each and every pics folder. for example, if you're having a folder path like that: MemCard\Images\Camera\200911\200911A0, then the _PAlbTN folder is right there, in 200911A0\_PAlbTN. If you can't see it, try browsing there on your computer, or use a symbian file manager, like X-plore.
If, from time to time, I actually give a good advice, please click on the Kudos icon, I have cookies and free hats!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
avion111

its still not there, ive used y browser, xplore and the pc but can't see it, ive switched show all hidden files too
Please use plain text.

zomgdude - Your n86 holds 5 days? It's unbelivable! My phone holds only 2 days, nad I have any talks, only sending 50 sms per day. I have also all aplications switch off, WLan scanning is off, Network mode is GSM. Mayby  with my battery is something wrong? 

P.S. Sorry for my bad english ;]

Please use plain text.
Sage
zomgdude

i wouldn't jump at conclusions saying that there's something wrong with your battery, this kind of stuff can be extremely relative and may depend on the network signal strength, temperature and so on. yes, it holds for 5 days but that may be because of the screen brightness set to about 70%, no keypad beeps etc.

then again, i was charging my old n73 about once a week, while a lot of people were complaining about the bad battery life. i don't know, maybe there's something strange going on.. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
avion111

ok now for some reason it is it at full battery bar, then suddenly drops by 3/2 bars. is this lag or wat and how can i fix it?
Please use plain text.
Sage
zomgdude

what version of firmware does the phone have? maybe you've got some battery monitoring software, like i-on or something ?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
avion111

ive got v20.115, i downloaded energy profiler but dunno wat to do with it or wat the numbers mean
Please use plain text.
Sage
zomgdude

try uninstalling all the battery related softwares such as energy profiler, i-on etc, and see if the battery problem still appears. i've had the same problem with battery lines dropping out of nowhere, it was because of an energy related software..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
avion111

ok but this happened before the installation of the software

Please use plain text.
Sage
zomgdude

well then maybe there actually is a problem with your phone. if the problem persists, you might wanna take it to a nokia care center..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
avion111

yeah maybe, ill see how it goes, thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ttff44

im in thailand. i have the same problem

i used n86 for year and dont have any battery problem but last week i used nokia update software to update the firmware to 30.009 and i have the battery problem i charge to full level but after 5-6 hours it drop to about two level

Today i have buy a new battery because the cellphone battery very hot i afraid it broke the phone and i think the problem maybe because the old battery.

And after i put a new battery to the phone, it is the same.

So can i degrade my phone to older firmware to fix the problem. Because i will go aboard next month. 

Thanks and sorry for my poor English.

Please use plain text.
camus03

Since the new update, battery life is really ridiculous!  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
melsaied

I have same problem I purchase the phone from 1 month only and I went to nokia care center in Egypt he can't solve the problem after 2 weeks!!! Any body can Fix that?!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sweetmelody

Really I'm shocked What's Going on with NOKiA??????!!!!!!!!!

Really sham?!

I've this serious proplem now with my new n0kia n86 

Battery is terrible ,it's very bad I thought it's my fault because I used the phone first time without charging it and got full battery but I saw that this is a problem in the phone!!!!

What Can I do with this phone now?! 

I followed all steps to save the power of it's battery but with little change Oh thank God.

Are all this types of phones n86 in Egypt facing this problem?:smileysad:

Please use plain text.