Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: n95..battery life..

Employee
sanju

Hi,

Nice to all these comments...

My experience with N95 is the same. Power consumption is very high while you are using GPS, also the unit is getting heated while browsing or while using GPS.

Cheers,
sanju
Please use plain text.
Advisor
tmas

hey guys

i was jus wondering... wen i got my 6600 (a long time ago), the battery also gave me problems. but it fixed itself on its own aftr like 2-3 wks of use. is it the same with the N series batteries (especially n95) cuz i m gonna be getting 1 soon :smileyvery-happy: nd i wanna make sure it dusnt hav all these bugs that u guys r talking abt. thts y i m gonna wt a couple of wks wen, hopefully, ther r firmware updates nd stuff lyk tht...

thanks
Please use plain text.
Advisor
laisan

*nj15: sony ericsson? hmm..you got me..is he related to sven goran eriksson? :smileytongue::smileytongue::smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
laisan

*sanju: hi! i find that my n95 doesn't heat up like you say yours does...as i am a bit of a photographer and likes to take pictures, i find that maybe this is consuming the battery?? but as suggested by other posters here, i have switched vrious mutlimedia apps off but have found that this only prlonged the batery life by a teeny bit..i still have to look into it a bit more as battery life is not as long as i had hoped for. :smileyhappy:

*tmas: hi! i am not aware of the bugs which have been circulating, but then again..i am not in the least bit technical minded etc..but, apart from the battery life i think it is a perfect lil gadget! :smileyhappy: hmm..one of the posters here has mentioned that the n-series have a slight reputation with its batteries etc..and i don't know..if your 6600 managed to sort itself out after 2-3 wks of use, mayb my n95 will to? har har..how i don't know, but lets hope so? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

@ Laisan - What is soonY eriksen then?

Oh,the E90 communicator --missing in action:smileytongue:.

Hi
I bought N95 yesterday only..I have already charged it thrice in last 24 hrs..Last night i had fully charged my mobile around 1 am. when i got up in the morning around 9 am, the mobile was beeping low battery message(8 hrs). Nobody used the phone it was on standby all the time with WIFI off and only GSM mode selected. Previously also i had charged it when i got low battery message. Did any of you faced the same problem or is there some problem with my handset?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi singhdivesh

With every other device with a Li-ion battery you are advised to fully charge a first time before use. Nokia do not give you any instructions and I'm sure everyone keen to use their new phone powers it up and watches it run down in next to no time!

Is there anyone on the forum whom can say whether conditioning the battery makes any difference or whether Nokia are correct in that it doesn't?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Yeah, I don't see the battery life as being a problem.

It recharges every night while I do...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
djgail

will mine as been lasting the longest 4-5 hrs with out using anything and swopped the battery still the same sending the phone back
Please use plain text.

My battery lasts 4 hours with the gps running from full charge to empty, mmmm , good job i can charge it in my car
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ravis_31

Well when i bought my phone the sales guy told me to do 3 14 hour charges initially.Its the case with every nokia phone i buy,the N-gage,N-gageQD,6630,6233 and N95.With the previous phones this seemed to work(Charge it for 14 hrs,then completely drain it,charge it again...I do this 3 times.)
The charge lasts for atleast 2 - 2.5 days.I'm inthe 2nd 14hr charge now for the N95 and yet to see the battery life on this one as the first one ran out in like a day.Will post results
Please use plain text.
Employee
sanju

Hi,

I have some points regarding this issue...

Many people doesn't know how to maintain the battery in a healthy condition.

First few charging and discharging cycles for a new battery should be done properly to maintain the battery for a long time. The question now is how to do that???

Well…. While charging the battery for the first time do not remove the charger until it shows battery full.

Once it shows battery full indication we can remove the charger and start using the phone. Now the question is when to charge the battery again?

well… charge the battery once it shows battery low and charge until it shows battery full (do not charge the battery in-between....

This process should be continued at least for the first five charging cycles. This is necessary to maintain the cells inside the battery to a good healthy condition. Otherwise there is a chance that some of the cells inside the battery may goes dead (the battery may not work properly after few days). This is why most of the phones are getting the complaint like "Switches off, battery drains fast"...

cheers,
sanju
Please use plain text.
Sage
kevineu

Not true for Lithium-based batteries...

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm
Ericssson EH 237, Ericsson EH 337, Ericsson GH 388, Siemens S25, Nokia 6210, Nokia 7250, Nokia 6230, Nokia 6280 & O2 Atom , Nokia N95, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bixby

i dont know why people are in denial about the battery.

its pants.

nokia, you have messed up on the battery front and you know it.

nokia wont admit as it would set a precedent

they will listen by making a n95i and you people that have spent hundreds of pounds, dollars or euro will regret buying generic.
e61 and loving it !
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hei.
I have bought Nokia N95 last week and returned it today after extremely poor battery performance. I observed following things:-

1) I charged the battery full early in the morning at 6. I recieved just one call at 9 and my battery was finished at 2:30. Just for 8 hours standby time?

2) I charged it fully, used GPS for 30 mins and battery was finsihed after 3 hours? What was that?

3) I fully charged the battery connected to WIFI and did chat on MSN for around 1 hour and battery was finished exactly after 3.5 hours.

Nokia builtup so great device and with so much poor battery?
We will be getting battery replacement? or nokia will be releasing some new battery in future for N95?
Anyone if having same problem with battery please post comments here or its just with my device?

Waqar.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
djgail

[ Edited ]
i got a new replacment n95 after waiting over a week from o2 guess what no memory card anyway charged for 14+ hrs it lasted 7hrs great. charged it again for 14hrs it went to 4 bars after 3hrs not used at all is it me or what is going on the phone is wicked but if i use it the battery dies

Message Edited by djgail on 14-May-200701:55 PM

Please use plain text.
Advisor
joeyice

I don't know which problems you are having with your batteries but last nite I charged my battery listened to some tunes this morning over bluetooth, did a few calls browsed the web a few times over WLAN (I don't have scanning on automatic), the phone was connected to my bluetooth headset all day, and it lasted from 8 AM until 7 PM tonite and the phone started beeping low battery. Not great but not as bad as you guys are reporting.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
djgail

well i unplug the phone off full charge at 12am it started bleeping this morning 6am low battery. 6hrs while i was sleeping the phone lasted is there something i'm doing wrong this is the second n95 getting feed up with the phone now
Please use plain text.
Sage
cyber_jedi

Do you have WiFi search on?
Bluetooth?
Applications running in background?

All thoose things makes the phone use battery more heavily.
Use the SEARCH Luke!
Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

15-May-200712:26 PM
cyber_jedi wrote:
i dont know why people are in denial about the battery.

its pants.

nokia, you have messed up on the battery front and you know it.

nokia wont admit as it would set a precedent

they will listen by making a n95i and you people that have spent hundreds of pounds, dollars or euro will regret buying generic.

---------------------------------------------------------------

True true the battery is indeed pants, if you compare the length of time the batteries last now to what they used to be like its been getting slowly worse.

I have a god knows how many year old 8310, if I charge that up full it will last a week or more with little use, do the same with any smartphone nowaways and you'll get a max of 2-3 days usually.

The main prob is they have crammed new technology in but have hardly touched the battery technology, if you compare the size of a 6230i battery to a N80 / N95 battery they are the same thickness but the 6230i battery is a lot longer, if people accepted, ok my phone is going to be a bit fat but hey the battery will last a week even if I use it all the time, we'd be ok but people are always moaning how thick phones are.

Cue the moment the N80 came out, its really not that thick !, but until the technology either gets smaller and more space can be made for the battery r until they start making decent batteries for phones its only going to get worse and worse as they displays get bigger and more stuff is crammed in. So at the mo there is only 3 ways to cure the probs....A turn your phone off B keep a spare battery in your pocket, or C have a charger where ever you go which kind of defeats the object of a 'mobile' phone.

Message Edited by crea2k on 15-May-200712:40 PM

Message Edited by crea2k on 15-May-200712:49 PM

Please use plain text.