Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: n95..battery life..

Sage
kevineu

I have a charger at home, in the car, in the office. That's enough to keep it charged all day long, no problems...
Ericssson EH 237, Ericsson EH 337, Ericsson GH 388, Siemens S25, Nokia 6210, Nokia 7250, Nokia 6230, Nokia 6280 & O2 Atom , Nokia N95, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
djgail

well i still think it funny my partner as just got a new voda n95 and while using it all day the battery is fine this is my second handset from o2 which i think is abad batch that they say they don't now nothing about just like they don't know of any problems with then80 or n73.
p.s there is nothing on in the backgroud or bluetooth or wlan

15-May-200712:38 PM
crea2k wrote:

15-May-200712:26 PM
cyber_jedi wrote:
i dont know why people are in denial about the battery.

its pants.

nokia, you have messed up on the battery front and you know it.

nokia wont admit as it would set a precedent

they will listen by making a n95i and you people that have spent hundreds of pounds, dollars or euro will regret buying generic.

---------------------------------------------------------------

True true the battery is indeed pants, if you compare the length of time the batteries last now to what they used to be like its been getting slowly worse.

I have a god knows how many year old 8310, if I charge that up full it will last a week or more with little use, do the same with any smartphone nowaways and you'll get a max of 2-3 days usually.

The main prob is they have crammed new technology in but have hardly touched the battery technology, if you compare the size of a 6230i battery to a N80 / N95 battery they are the same thickness but the 6230i battery is a lot longer, if people accepted, ok my phone is going to be a bit fat but hey the battery will last a week even if I use it all the time, we'd be ok but people are always moaning how thick phones are.

Cue the moment the N80 came out, its really not that thick !, but until the technology either gets smaller and more space can be made for the battery r until they start making decent batteries for phones its only going to get worse and worse as they displays get bigger and more stuff is crammed in. So at the mo there is only 3 ways to cure the probs....A turn your phone off B keep a spare battery in your pocket, or C have a charger where ever you go which kind of defeats the object of a 'mobile' phone.

Message Edited by crea2k on 15-May-200712:40 PM

Message Edited by crea2k on 15-May-200712:49 PM

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
patriciaanne3

15-May-200702:44 PM
kevineu wrote:
I have a charger at home, in the car, in the office. That's enough to keep it charged all day long, no problems...

Me likewise and no probs. I've used gps, made calls, used wifi and it lasted okay without resorting to other chargers. It's bound to use more power as it's a high end phone. my pda's the same.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

I disagree that the battery is completely "pants". Who walks around with the GPS running all day, or plays movies? Be for real and stop complaining. You have a [B]VERY[/B] complicated and high end phone (that you the consumer demanded by the way), and like it or not, battery technology has not kept up with the pace of accessories installed in these devices.

I spoke with some friends from Nokia today. They are alllllllllllllllll well aware that the battery is perceived as an issue and are going to release a software update that will hopefully placate most customers that demand 123413823451432523462332452 hours standby time. On a normal charge, using BT sometimes, GPS for about 15 mins, the radio, and some media, making calls, and sending SMS, all while using 3G exclusively, I get almost 48 hours between charges.

So for all you battery is "pants" people, maybe you can turn in your N95 and get a 2110i.

Show the KUDOS button some love.... Hit that bad boy.... It don't hurt....

Apple iPhone 5,
Retina MacBook Pro, iPad Mini, Nikon D4

Please use plain text.
Sage
kevineu

:smileyvery-happy:
You're funny...

Battery, battery, battery... never ending...

Maybe Nokia should come up with a way to enable a strap on battery attachment where those who complain that the battery is 'pants' can strap on a larger and uglier battery to suit their needs. Just a thought...
Ericssson EH 237, Ericsson EH 337, Ericsson GH 388, Siemens S25, Nokia 6210, Nokia 7250, Nokia 6230, Nokia 6280 & O2 Atom , Nokia N95, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
scigi

Nevertheless the battery problem itself does exist. And will be a barrier for those who do the research about N95 and find out how short it lasts. For those who don't do the research, the battery will be a source of frustration.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

Let's talk about lasting power. What is okay with some is not okay with others. Personally I have never understood the "I must have 20 years standby time" crowd. Are they too lazy to charge their phones? I can get almost 48 hours between charging my N95 if I don't have to use GPS (key here are the words: "have to use"), or do not use any of the battery draining functions. On the other hand, as today, I used GPS, the radio, watched a tv show, made some Skype calls, and regular calls, and I know I will have to charge my battery about this time tomorrow if I don't charge it overnight. So for me, my batter life is fine.

I think (this is my opinion) that many of the purchasers of the N95 have no idea of what they purchased and what goes into making a phone as such. There will NEVER be a battery to match the demands of some people. Battery technology has not kept pace with functional technology.

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.
Sage

I charged my N95 last night, have used migg33beta messenger most of the day on and off using either wireless or gprs connection and the phone is flashing up low now and its only 3.17pm , the thing I cant work out is why the phone uses bags of battery power when you use wireless lan that goes about 300m in an open space yet if you use gprs which trasmits with your phone signal it will go several miles and hardly uses any power, and the same for bluetooth too, seems the shorter distance the radio signal the more power hungry it is......
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

If you want to see figures about battery life time, have a look at my blog. I collected testdate from severals places over the internet.

http://snoyt.vox.com/library/post/battery-power-of-the-n95-the-facts.html

Oranki
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

It is probabely the application using the power. The wifi can last nearly 28 hours when used at full transmission capacity...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

One word describes your blog; **bleep** OUTSTANDING. Oppssss. That was two words. :smileyhappy:

Great post and a must reading for all here having "battery" problems.

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.
Sage

This bit is really interesting, specially if its any time soon, id love to swap my battery for something with a bit more oomph.

------------------------------------------------------------

Wolfgang Gruener at TG Daily wrote at may 8th, 2007:

Researchers of the Department of Energy's Argonne National Laboratory claim to have developed an enhanced approach to building of rechargeable lithium-ion batteries.According to a press release, the technology could be used in virtually all lithium-based rechargeable batteries – and improve the battery life for example in consumer electronics, laptops, medical devices and even hybrid electric vehicles.

It was unclear if and when the technology could go into mass production. But specifications seem to indicate a possible doubling of capacity.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]
that would be nice, then we get 2 days use instead of 1 :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Message Edited by teraq12 on 16-May-200707:57 PM

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

Wait, are people under the impression that Nokia makes batteries?

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.

n95..battery life weirdest thing ever!!!

i've read tons of posts bout the miserable batt. life for our cherished n95; & i can say pretty much like everybody else....at lunch time its totally drained (from overnight fully charged)!!
However, i've had my wired earphones plugged in it (the ones that come included with the N95) so i left it and up to now it has lasted 18hrs! & the battery's still on full!! i know its stupid but this is what happened!!!!! any ideas guys??/

i'll post how long this lasted ....
Please use plain text.

Ok lets cut to the chase here and now.

1) Disable 3G Tools/settings/phone/network/network mode > GSM

2) Select tools/settings/connection/packet data > option "packet data connection" and set to "when needed"
OBTW yes you can still do your receive and send MMS.

Most moble operators have these 2 settings set to on, god will only know why !!!!!
Please use plain text.

Ok folks been thinking again !!!!! oh oh I here you say :-)

Please disreguard option 1) in the post above this.

There is no need to disable 3G if you have done option 2) in the above post.

This way the phone will still have the advantages of high speed internet but will only use it when you want.
Please use plain text.

I am another new owner having problems with the N95 Batt. Won't last a day on standby using absolutely nothing but a couple calls. It was time to start investigating ! I bought another battery and same story. I am going to give both them a little longer chance and little longer charges but I think based on what I have read that the phone is burning the battery up based on something that is running overtime.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

i was wandering ... Nokia N95 8gig comes with different battery than Nokia N95
N95 8gig - Standard battery, Li-Ion 1200mAH (BL-6F)
N95 - Standard battery, Li-Ion 950 mAh (BL-5F)
So as you can see N95 8gig has more powerfull battery
So my question is can we use N95 8gig battery on N95
Lumia 920 OS version: 8.0.10521.155
FW revision number: 3047.0000.1326.2002
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]
I don't know what you lot do to your phone / battery, or indeed what I do to mine but I charged mine 4 days ago on Sunday and now got 2 bars left. I have only been phoning and texting etc, but I think you need to accept that the extra features are bonuses and I think we'd rather have them and they ran the battery down than not have them at all.

I usually get around 5 days out of it always 100+ hours

Message Edited by tomp54321 on 30-Aug-200701:49 PM

Please use plain text.