Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: n97 Firmware 12 !

Mobile Sensei
radical24

12.0.024 is the latest firmware version out there currently. the update we are looking at mid sept./oct 
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Sage
marcbyron

The version I have on my NAM-version installed is 12.2.024
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

correct the nam version has 12.2.024 it is still the same firmware just marked by differnce in numbers by difference in regions. 
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Advisor

when is this update coming to the UK? Still not been able to update my N97 yet
N97 11.0.021
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

we have no idea, hopefully soon but if this continues it looks like you might just update your phone in october with v20....
Please use plain text.
Contributor

i read here you guys have already v12. but everyday i check in my mobile and pc that my last v is 11.my product code 0587246 RM 505
Please use plain text.
Advisor

this is getting silly now. could do with the update to fix the messaging issue as i went to use it last night and in the process of setting it up it crashed and deleted the 2000+ messages I had on the handset with it, not impressed in the slightest
N97 11.0.021
Please use plain text.
Sage

v12 was the "placebo" firmware update...didn't really fix anything.  Just intended to pacify users until the real bug fix comes out.

v12 has many bugs still.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

rdcinhou wrote:

v12 was the "placebo" firmware update...didn't really fix anything.  Just intended to pacify users until the real bug fix comes out.

v12 has many bugs still.

actually that is completely untrue, v12 brought a lot of stability and for the most part fixed the most annoying bugs like keylock and light stuff. so a jump from v10 to v12 is actually a significant jump in stability and improvement, fixed bugs and such. it does not get rid off all the bugs. geeez even firmwares as mature as v30.......have bugs in them. such is an evolution of the product. so if you have a chance to update at all please DO UPDATE YOUR PHONE WITH V 12 

Please use plain text.
Sage

Remember that the placebo effect is all in your mind....only having to work the slide unlock switch twice instead of three-to-five times is a major improvement!

Having to remove your battery to end a call because you used the swipe to answer instead of swipe to unlock first is a BUG.

Having GPS that lags 30 seconds or more behind your position or thinks you're doing 0 when you're doing 70 is a BUG. (or maybe its a DEFECT)

Having looping error messages caused by the homescreen widgets when you come out of Offline mode is a BUG.

Resetting your messaging store to C: drive when you do a Backup or USB operation is a BUG.

Nokia is losing a lot of long-time customers with this poorly designed (did I mention the slider/lens scratcher?) phone.  Do they really think that anyone will pre-order an N900 after this?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

i know what placebo effect is very well, my phone does not crash, widgets work great, keylock actually works like it should. so i am not sure what you are talking about but these things HAVE BEEN FIXED. perhaps you were under impression that it would do more than that. it fixed basic things, it was not a major update but it did the trick. if your phone is still behaving so badly after update and all recommended phone management then i suggest you either return it or take it to nokia care as this is not usual behavior. 

resetting your memory to e drive from c drvie afte you have connected your phone in MASS MEMORY mode is NOT a bug it is a normal phone behavior for any s60 phone.  

Please use plain text.
Sage
princemarvin

I agree that v12 brought some stability issues to the phone & better RAM utilization... I really expected more from it. However, I'm still waiting for the v20 firmware to see the difference.. But honestly I do not expect much.. the phone needs a lot of fixation & development.. The only good news is that firmware updates are released faster than before, although they're surprisingly late for some countries like UK maybe due to operators agreements & so on..
If you like my post & find it helpful click on the Kudos button... Thanks.. ;-)
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I update the Software with the version 

V 20.0.027

Dated 30-10-09

Still the problem exist  :smileysad:  shal I sell the phone or what ??

N97 - EDIT LABEL feature... *** VERY IMPORTANT ***

We need this main feature. Its the main resion why we still keep using Nokia Phons!!

I have over than 1300 Contact each have many numbers with different edited labels ..

Regards,

ave over than 1300 Contact each have many numbers with different edited labels ..

Regards,

Please use plain text.