Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

n97 podcast and proximity sensor problems

Contributor
scales11

n97 podcast and proximity sensor problems

Hi all,
I currently have a nokia n97mini and have noticed two "bugs".

1. the proximity sensor doesnt always work on queue, that is, i receive a call, answer it, and when i bring the phone to my face the screen does not lock or turn off. This results in my cheek pressing the "mute" button and me wondering what the heck is going on. Anyone else having this problem?

2. I have noticed that the way podcast/music library is qwirky. The build in podcast app stores podcasts in the [MassMemory/podcasts/sounds] folder, and when i go to listen to them in the music player, they play in reverse order (newest first). This is annoying because if i am behind, i have to skip backwards to advance to the next episode. The podcasts also do not have album art. Oddly enough, by moving the podcast files to [MassStorage/podcasts] everything works fine, including the album art. Also, neither problem occured on my n85. Does anyone else have this problem? What is the pocast folder structure on the n97?

It could be fixed in the new firmware (v11.something), my rm-553 is stuck on 10.2.020 until nokia rolls out the update for USA...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
scales11

Re: n97 podcast and proximity sensor problems

anyone else have these problems?

Please use plain text.

Re: n97 podcast and proximity sensor problems

2. I have noticed that the way podcast/music library is qwirky. The build in podcast app stores podcasts in the [MassMemory/podcasts/sounds] folder, and when i go to listen to them in the music player, they play in reverse order (newest first). This is annoying because if i am behind, i have to skip backwards to advance to the next episode. The podcasts also do not have album art. Oddly enough, by moving the podcast files to [MassStorage/podcasts] everything works fine, including the album art. Also, neither problem occured on my n85. Does anyone else have this problem? What is the pocast folder structure on the n97?

I have this issue as well. it is annoying when listening whilst driving as at the end of the current podcast it skips to one i have already heard.

Did you find a solution to this?

Please use plain text.