Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

new version of Whatsapp not working in C5-03.

Registered Member
unevenblue

new version of Whatsapp not working in C5-03.

I don't know what's wrong with my phone.

But only Whatsapp v.2.0.56 is not working. while their new versions like 2.0.61/72/73 is not working at all. not opening. can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Re: new version of Whatsapp not working in C5-03.

Hi unevenblue,

Thanks you for your first post and welcome to the Nokia discussion forums!

Are you getting an error when you try opening the app? whats is this error? If you can provide as more detail please.

Have tried removing the app and reinstalling?

If not remove the app and reinstall from the below link:

http://store.ovi.com/content/62616?clickSource=search&pos=1

If it still doesn't work, remove the app and then do a soft reset. This can be done by dialing *'7780#. If the device ask for a code the default is 12345. Then download the app from the above link and install.

Also have you updated your phone software version to the latest? The latest software release for Nokia C5-03 is 20.0.024. Please note that the latest software version may not be available for your device, and the benefits listed may not be available to you, or be available in selected countries.

For more information on updating your device please see the below link:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/device-software-update?c5-03= 

Try all the above and if your still getting no joy then I would recommend visiting the developer's website and submitting an error report. You can do this on the below link:

http://www.whatsapp.com/contact/

If you do this, then if you can provide as much detailed information on the issues you are facing, the device, the software version etc it should help the Whatsapp team a lot better is diagnosing your problem.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
unevenblue

Thank you.

It does not show any error. It just doesn't open. A click and it does not run/execute.

Tried to uninstalled and installed again. Didn't worked.

Yes. I am updated to my latest software firmware.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
domplatina

hi there! I have downloaded whatsapp on my Nokia C5-03, but I am unable to start the it. It gets blank when trying to open and right after goes off. Can anybody help?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Lalakate13

I have totally the same problem!!! It's very annoying...

What can we do with that problem??:smileyfrustrated:

SOS!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
whatsapp_not_wo

i am facing the same problem with my NOKIA 500 with Symbian Belle., software version 111.020.0059

whatsapp starts and then exits by its own. I have tried removing the app and then re-installing it., but it didnt work..

what to do..?????????? :confused:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
melissa1122

Hi, I also encounted the same problem:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
help_jelly

Re: new version of Whatsapp not working in C2-02

hi, I am a C2-02 user.. I have whatsapp in my cell since jan '12.. however last night when I tried to upgrade my whatsapp version then it stopped working. I deleted it and downloaded it again. It got downloaded. but when it tried to set up my favourites, then it failed.. I retried sevaral times. still to no use or avail.. kindly help me with the needed information.

Please use plain text.
tabsido

i alsa have same problem on this new version am using nokia e63 it keeps on saying unrecovery error detected i dnt knw wat that means
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi guys,

As this is a user to user forum only, and we have had this issue reported many times before, you will have to contact WhatsApp directly as they are the developer of this application. Enquire with them regarding your issues and if the app is compatible with your phone and when updates, if any, will be made available.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ihateapples

heyy there i have the same exact problem if found any possible solutions plase tell asap

Please use plain text.
aleisha11

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
klaryssalena

helloo..i have a nokia c5-03 and i have been facing phone memory problems..after using whatsapp, i realised that because of it,my phone memory is becoming low..even after i deleted my conversations..is there a way to install whatsapp on my memory card..my friends who have other nokia version have been able to do it,,but i can't on my nokia c5-03...help...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gunner_absy

Exactly same problem for my nokia C5-00.2.

please help me ASAP.

Please use plain text.