Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia 500 wifi connection settings

Registered Member
monap

nokia 500 wifi connection settings

wifi is connecting but brower doest not open the page.pls help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: nokia 500 wifi connection settings

Check the settings under WiFi and if there is a Power Saving Mode.. Disable it..and retry..

Please use plain text.

I also having the same problem. Tried disabling "Power Saver". But still not working. Please help me!!!!!!

I am using ZTE Xvz10 W300 router.

farby wrote:

Check the settings under WiFi and if there is a Power Saving Mode.. Disable it..and retry..

Please use plain text.
GabiX89

[ Edited ]

Same problem! :smileysad:

But I found this: 

Please use plain text.

@ fabry ; I saw your advice previously and tried accordingly. But not working. May be something wrong with my router setting. Please help me.

Please use plain text.

You got it solved. Then please help me. I have the same problem. Wi if Connecting, but Status is Inactive. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Read somewhere that similar problem got resolved when disconnected the Router Power cord from mains for about 30 seconds.. Connected again..and it started working...Give it a go...

Please use plain text.
aaditherockstar

i hv same problem.. :smileysad: plzz do some thing
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ananthplayboy

if it shows inactive means its not a problem in mobile its the problem that ur router doesn't sharing the internet....

If ur router is doing his job properly means @ u still have problem backup ur data's and format ur mobile....

Formatting will fix this problem..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mak_lfc4ever

Guys, configure your router/modem in PPoE mode instead of bridging mode and try.It still may show inactive, but you can browse with WLAN...

Just chill:smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
joyinstress

I have Nokia 500. The wifi is connecting, but the webpage is not opening. Similar trouble coming with mobile data usage too. Please help me
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

@joyinstress Menu » Web » Options » Settings » General » Access point » Internet or As when needed. If that does not help, please, go to Menu » Connectivity » Wi-Fi » tap on your Wi-Fi to connect, then tap again on your Wi-Fi to get the status details: At the very bottom, is there an IP address at ‘Gateway’?

Please use plain text.