Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia 500 wifi not working

krrazytushh11

nokia 500 wifi not working

hey i have brought a nokia 500 phone 2 days back and the problem is that it shows wifi found with full signal strenght but while connecting a notifcation from left upper corner says wifi not connected, wifi not found and the connecting process stops please help asap

Please use plain text.

Hey does any one know how to turn the wifi off on a nokia 500, i ve tried setting it to switch off scanning wlans but it keeps resetting and connecting automatic. I ask because I want to turn it off at night so the battery doesn't drain true the night when I'm not using the internet. So far nothing has worked out of the user guide, it keeps refreshing it self and reconnecting to the web.

Any advice?

Please use plain text.
abz11

hi

i am having problems when trying to connect to ovi suite. everytime i try access it says connection failed in top left hand corner.  however when i connect to other web pages i am able to connect. please help it is very frustrating.

Please use plain text.
krrazytushh11

go to setting>wlan>option>setting>showlan availability to no
and power saving mode enabled
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
umair4848

Re: nokia 500 wifi not working for "Krrazytushh11"

[ Edited ]

My Nokia 500 wifi found out the network, connected it, disconnected it, refreshed and then again connected it and kept repeating the sequence. So what I did was "disable power saving mode" from:
menu>settings>connectivity>wlan>options>settings>...
and also I extended the scan interval to 30 min.s
Your problem is a bit similar, hope it might help you out.

Please use plain text.
Dracones

[ Edited ]

@ 09012664

I've had the same problem with my Nokia 500. It was always reconneting at my home network. I solved the problem by restoring the factory settings (Menu -> Settings -> Phone -> Phone Management -> factory settings -> Restore).
Hope will work for you too

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ansh4598

You can checkout more suggestions over here and see if you get some helpful replies from here.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Set router to 802.11b/g only.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jojojose

my nokia 500 when connected to wifi and accessing the internet , no response from web page,

and check with other wifi device its working .

Only the wifi connection is enabled no data transaction is happening means can't access the internet .

Help me, 

Please use plain text.
promoloon

i have same problem with my phone...restored factory settings..deleted apps..disabled power saving mode..but nothing happened plz help me.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aniruddhac

[ Edited ]

Apart from the normal setup of WLAN on 500, there is an important step that is not documented.

Following worked for me on my Nokia 500 running Symbian Belle :-

1. Setup the WLAN (SSID name, key,password etc) as you would normally do.

2. Open the Web (Browser)->settings->General->AccessPoint->Ask Me when Needed.

When I launch the web browser, it asks me to select the access point. I select the Internet (WLAN) that i am attaching to. The first time around it may ask the shared secret for accessing the WLAN (based on your WLAN setting) but next time onwards it doesn't.

Looks like the Step#2 above is a street-art;  I could not find any documentation of the same but the local dealer knew it and it worked for me.

Hope this saves some headache to other users.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bobphh

try disable the power saving mode in your Nokia 500 mobile phone and after disabling the power saving mode your problem will get solved. I was also facing the same problem and then I have tried the same trick and then my problem gets solved. You can also try this solution.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bobphh

If you don’t know about how to disable the power saving mode in your Nokia 500 mobile phone then you have to follow this steps.

• First go to then menu.
  • Tap on the settings.
  • After that select the connectivity
  • Now tap on the WLAN
  • Select options
  • And then select the settings
  • In the settings you will get power options.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gaurav333

Thnx buddy. I got my problem solved by doing this. Thnx very much.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
maryam2293

Thankyou soo much- this just solved my problem!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sadafo

tried it.. let see if it is resilved r nt.. 

bobphh wrote:

If you don’t know about how to disable the power saving mode in your Nokia 500 mobile phone then you have to follow this steps.

• First go to then menu.
  • Tap on the settings.
  • After that select the connectivity
  • Now tap on the WLAN
  • Select options
  • And then select the settings
  • In the settings you will get power options.

Please use plain text.