Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

nokia 5800 camera not working

Contributor
sm5pac3
Accepted Solution

nokia 5800 camera not working

[ Edited ]

ok so my phone has been fine for about 10-11 months, but last month the camera has stopped working, it wont start from the button or the application. After i click the button or the application a loading circle is around the picture of the camera to show its on but it just leaves the app open i cant open it, what should i do? Would a hard reset fix it?

Mobile Guru
phonehacker

Re: nokia 5800 camera not working

[ Edited ]

You could try to do a soft or a hard reset.

Soft reset. In standby dial *#7370# and the phone's lock code (Nokia's default lock code is 12345). Warning!Soft reset deletes all your phone's data!

Hard reset for 5800. Press green + red + multimedia button and turn the phone on. Warning!You will lose all your phone's data!

If this doesn't help, you will have to take your phone to a Nokia care point.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Contributor
sm5pac3

is there a difference between the soft and hard reset?

Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

From what I understand, both deletes everything on your phone C drive, but hard reset also reinitializes everything on your phone including life timer, etc.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

hard reset can be performed even when your phone can't turn on. I advise you to do a soft reset if your phone can turn on.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Contributor
sm5pac3

Thanks i did the soft reset and it worked!

Counsellor

I'm having similar problems (again) with my camera just freezing.

The app starts then you can't take any pictures.

I naively thought that this thread would hold the answer but forgot that all 'solutions' on this site boil down to one of two things

1. Soft reset

2. Hard reset

I did both of these things before upgrading to v50 and still occasionally get the problem.

Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

There is still hard reset+reinstall firmware while phone is clean. (with no card attached)
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.