Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia 5800 express music monitor "screen" problem

Contributor
Accepted Solution

nokia 5800 express music monitor "screen" problem

hi all,

i've a nokia 5800 device and i've faced a very serious problem:

when i lock the phone and unlock it the monitor or screen dont appear as previous normally, instead of that shaked colored lines appear, so i can't see who is calling. But the touch is working normally so i can play music or answer calls but without knowing who is calling.

if i switch the phone off then switch it on i see the the screen normally, and when it locked then unlocked the same problem appears again.

i've tried to solve the problem by formatting the device but it is no use :smileysad:

the same problem faced my frien

i don't know what to do, please give me a hand......

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: nokia 5800 express music monitor "screen" problem

[ Edited ]

plz if you know any solution contact me

mail add removed  - MOD

Message Edited by alphaman on 20-Nov-2009 05:07 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Peagsus_Bfn

I'm experiencing the exact same problem with my 5800 handset, whereas the screen appears fuzzy when unlocking with coloured lines running across.   Is this 'n hard or a software problem... I don't want to clean my phone completely if this is not going to help...  I would like to Urge nokia to come up with an answer!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hairyman

I've got the same problem. Clicked a 'go to solution' link and arrived at another user same problem! Anyway when my 5800 has been idle and locked for an hour or more the display becomes completely and totally unreadable. Cannot identify callers, switch off alarms or navigate phone. It's a bit like being blindfolded. Whats more frightening is that the phone had v40 firmware installed two weeks ago @ Nokia repair centre. Hate to think a factory reset is in order to fix, as I've spent last to weeks recustomising and reinstalling after reset for firmware update. Solution anyone?
Please use plain text.
Isabel11

I've been having a very similar problem with my nokia 5800 expressmusic.

it started off like yours but then the screen went fully black.

the green, white and red buttons at the bottom work so does the small touch button at the top right.. those lights always come on when i unlock the phone so they're fine.

I know that my phone is still working because i was randomly touching the screen when the phone was unlocked (even though i cannot see anything on it) and i ended up calling somebody. my only problem is that i cannot see the screen at all!!

i've tired turning my phone off, taking out sim and memory cards, putting different sims in and charging it.

nothing works!!

is there anything i can do?

can anybody help me with this?

or is my phone just past its 'use by' date?

please, please help me!

thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Adeluw

[ Edited ]

i'm happy that  my Nokia 5800 express music has started this crazzy sceen on it's warrantee time.

oh... i'm tired of keeping it in my pocket to keep it warm.

Please use plain text.