Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia 5800 network problem

Contributor
labrnjaa

nokia 5800 network problem

hello, i have a network problem with my nokia 5800 XM , i get no signal at all ..

i go to settings - connection - network , and tried to choose network manualy (instead automaticly) but it cant, there is always the same message - no access..

id really appreciate if u can halp me.. i bought this cellphone 6 months ago and i like it very much , so i want to continiue with using it  .. besides i paid for it so much ...

cheers :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Re: nokia 5800 network problem

It could be more of Service provider's problem than the Phone, i have faced problem of this kind personally when i insert a particular provider's SIM card(whose signal strenght is not so good) i cant access 'settings' menu and the phone freezes  this is just an example, better try with another SIM card and check.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
labrnjaa

im pretty sure it's not providers problem, i tried other SIM cards on my phone and they're not working.. i also tried my SIM card on other phone and it's working normal.. so it's something about my phone... but thank you anyway :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
thescorpion

Do you have a signal some times or you don't have at all??? maybe it is antenna problem....
Nokia 5730XM,200.12.87
If my post helped you in anyway,Please click on the (Kudos!) Star, THANK YOU!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
labrnjaa

yesterday i didnt have signal at all.. but i had today and recive about 15 SMS which i couldnt recive yesterday and this morning haha :smileyhappy: and again signal just disappeared

Please use plain text.
Sage
thescorpion

maybe it is antenna issue...."hardware problem"

Nokia 5730XM,200.12.87
If my post helped you in anyway,Please click on the (Kudos!) Star, THANK YOU!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
labrnjaa

hmm probablly.. ok thank you, ill see what can i do about that

Please use plain text.
Contributor
labrnjaa

and now i have total different problem.. my phone wont turn on at all.. everything is black, im holding turn on button and theres no any reaction, not even the lights :s this is some bad sh**

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

sorry for saying this, but i think you should try hard reset

although you'll lose all your phone memory data if you don't have a backup, but i think you should do it just to try to power on your phone

remove your memory card - in case that the problem id from it -

press and hold green(call) button + red(end) + camera buttons

press the power button while holding the other mentioned buttons till you see nokia logo

i hope it works although you'll lose all your phone data

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Please use plain text.
Contributor
labrnjaa

yh i already tried this, but it stil doesnt work, im pretty sure it is a "hardware problem" so i'll let qualified person to do something bout that :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.