Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia 5800 touch screen not working, cant access a...

nokia 5800 touch screen not working, cant access anything!!!

hi,

My touchcreen on  my phone isnt working, and all my contacts are stored on the phone and i cant access them, any way i can take them off the phone!!!!!!!!!!! help please

Please use plain text.
Professor
patruns

Re: nokia 5800 touch screen not working, cant access anything!!!

You can try using Nokia PC Suite to get the contacts.
If I have helped you with your problem in some way, please take a little time and hit the kudos button in my post. Without your feedback, I don't know if I am being helpful or should just be put out to pasture. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
rpthomas66

Re: nokia 5800 touch screen not working, can't access anything!!!

Your answer is in complete. What are the chances to reinstate the phone to its normal position. Ok we can access the contacts via OVI. Because of touch screen cannot access anything, cannot make call, message, read message or to go to settings. Please advice.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

[ Edited ]

Have you tried restarting the device, taking the battery out and inserting it after few minutes. Also make sure phone is not locked try to activate it by sliding the side lock switch.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
rpthomas66

Yes I did. Even I reset it by pressing green + red + Camera key and power button.

But all in vain. One and only touch area work is options like cance or exit.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Then now the only option is to visit a nearest Nokia care center and get it repaired.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Remove your memory card, remove battery for 10 min, DO NOT REINSERT CARD, boot up while holding the red, green and camera keys. If this does not work, then you may have to go to a Nokia Care Point, it may be a lose connection on the screen.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

My touchcreen on  my phone is not working, and all my contacts are stored on the phone and i cant international phone not india country warrenty accepted help please.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

my phone is from UAE ( Hungry ) but in india any nokia care they say no to repair my phone. i have all ready 1yrs warrenty on this phone.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
compqueen

Just had this problem on my mum's phone. Tried all the resets, take out sim, battery etc. ended up stuck on screen with country options but still not able to select anything on the screen. Finally noticed that the edge of the phone was a little bit pushed out and there was a bit of the screen just poking out so i slipped my nail around the screen edge and pushed it under the edging and away it went. It was very difficult to notice this so have a good look. Wish I'd noticed it before doing the hard reset as i lost all apps etc. I know this will be too late for the original poster but hope it helps anyone else with this problem.

Please use plain text.
mustikas77

I have a problem : my touch screen stopped working so I turned it off and now the only thing that I can do is turn it on and off. Touch screen is not working so I can't insert the pin code. Couple of times it let me insert 4 and 1. I have tried to take out battery, memory card and sim card but it's still not working :smileysad: PLEASE HELP ME !!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If your phone is getting recognised by the OVI suite.. first back-up all your data and then try a Hard Reset as mentioned by chanchan05 above.. If this doesn't work, then visit Nokia Care...If you can't take back-up, then you tend to lose all your data as the Reset will wipe the data from Phone Memory.

Please use plain text.