Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia 808 pureview release

Advisor
mushroomng
Accepted Solution

nokia 808 pureview release

[ Edited ]

Could someone tell me the exact date for nokia 808 pureview release? 

Moderator's notes: post has been edited as it contained simply a dot. Make sure you write a full sentence in the post itself too. For more info, visit forum guidelines

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

Contact retailers in your country. Nokia has not announced any exact dates for any countries yet.

Moderator's notes: edited title

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Any idea about the price please.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Contact retailers in your country for pricing information. In the UK it's expected to be around (or over) £500.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

But a guy here in India who works in mobile shop says it will be within 30000INR= £340!
He said he got that price from some officials!

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

Prices vary between countries due to exchange rates and taxes, for example the UK price I gave includes 20% tax. All you can do is wait and see what price it goes on sale at in your country. Nokia cannot give you an exact price through this forum, call Nokia India for more specific information nearer the time.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Thanks. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
marinediscoking

Nobody knows outside of Nokia, and they are not talking. They announced at the beginning of May it would go on sale this month, well it is the 25th now and no signs of it anywhere in the world yet. If it was to released first in India or Russia as promised we would have heard at least the official price by now. I think there is a hardware or software problem discovered which is delaying the release, but that is speculation.

I am anxiously waiting also after having my N8 stolen last month.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
secarica

Sometimes they do talk. Just look here at what seems to be an official announcement, at least for the Italian market http://www.nokialino.it/2012/05/23/video-presentazione-nokia-808-pureview/

At the same event they revealed there will be a Belle FP1 lite version for N8. It was in Italian, so do an internet search for "N8 (etc) quoted to get cut-down Belle FP1 with new browser" to read the English transcript.

Cristi
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

A Nokia employee’s presentation about Symbian has been taken out of context. Our commitment to Symbian remains unchanged.

In the past 12 months, we have introduced a number of new Symbian smartphones (including the award winning Nokia 808 PureView), a refreshed user experience, secure and open NFC capabilities, Microsoft Apps, and a new entertainment experience via Dolby ® Digital Plus and Dolby ® Headphone on Symbian.

As a matter of fact, we will provide more software updates with new features for Symbian smartphones in the coming weeks.

As we have said before, we will continue supporting the platform through to 2016.

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Professor
Mike_Myers_N8

Iris, it seems silly to me for Nokia to refer to new features for phones such as the N8, until/unless they fix the problems created in the Belle modifications. Please suggest they either fix what got broken, or allow us to go back to the previous release, Anna.

Actions speak louder than words, and practically nothing has been fixed yet in three months. On the other hand, if Nokia is going to leave the software as-is, they should just come out and say it.

As a moderator of this forum, maybe you can push someone at Nokia to respond with the problems which have been posted all over the internet by now. Prospective customers for newer phones are aware of this.
Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

I find Nokia an odd company in that problems are oddly addressed and in there own time.
Scheduling of information and releases is dire at best.
From when the N808 was 'announced', why can't a simple "Available 1 June" etc be made as with SGSIII and other marques. Why all the cloak and daggers approach? All people want to know is when.
It seems like a case of waiting, waiting, waiting.
Even buses have countdown timers these days!!
Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Samarth619

[ Edited ]

Alright guys, time for some real info:

The 808 Pureview's Indian Maximum Retail Price (MRP) would be Rs. 33,999. or Rs. 34,000 in round figures. However, this is the MRP so you may get it for lot lesser than that.

Even in pre-order, the price is 32,000. Units will be shipped from 31 May onwards. In shops, I estimate you may get it for Rs. 26000-29000 depending on the margins and shop.

My source of information is this online shopping store: http://www.buytheprice.com/shop-online-deal/nokia-pureview-808__12356

---

Personally speaking, Nokia officials should operate some N-droid handsets before they price this 808 so hellishly high. Ok, 38 MP so what? The rest of the specs are so midrange... 4 inch screen that too 640x360.

I think 28,000-29,000 MRP would've been great. And I won't buy this, until they reduce this exorbitant pricing.

Yes, I want a camera+media phone, but price and value for money matters..!

Moderator's note: Post edited. Discussing any rumours about yet unannounced or possibly upcoming Nokia products is not allowed. Also off topic discussion removed. Please refer to the Guidelines

==============================
My Story: Used 6670, Used N91, Used N8, Using Pureview 808 now. I requested Nokia to get N91's sound quality and features in the latest phones. No response from Nokia!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
q_singularity

mike myers - have you gotten any straight reply to your post?

may be they would have pm-ed you asking you to shut up?

desperately waiting for an update from "Symbian Belle 111.030.0609" to "Nokia Belle" with all the fixes, and without any new tumours!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

I find it rather odd to see Nokia dishing out Symbian driven phones while rest of the world has moved to different platform and given that Nokia has a new flagship Windows phone in Lumia series

If my post has helped you please click the white star on the right
Please use plain text.
ramraider2k6

I'm shocked that this phone isn't going to have Windows OS and would love to hear the reasons why Nokia decided to go for Symbian.

My main beef is with Audible. I wan't to listen to audiobooks with my phone. I'm having to rip to mp3 then copy to the phone.

Please can Nokia liase with their Beta App software development department to contact Audible.co.uk in aquiring the Source Code to build an up to date Audible App that plays audio through the headphones. I know this is possible as my Wifes Lumia is getting an Audible App soon so please pull your finger out as Windows mobile 7.5 has not been on the scene for long and already is snapping up quality apps. It seems Incredible that An OS as established as Symbian wouldn't be able to keep up with legacy software developments.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
q_singularity

Hi all. Nokia is a business. They have no obligation to disclose anything about their future. They don't "report to" us, we are not their bosses. We are just poor foolish suckers for gadgets who have money to feed their business. If nokia takes us for granted, it just means that they can, & we can't do a bleep about it.

But in order to be in business, nokia must treat its customers with respect, which it does not, in my experience with anna and belle.

Side by side, my E7 with S^3 "looks" as well as "performs" better than my other E7 with belle.

This, my friends, is BAAAADDD!

Don't worry, am just doing an impression on the nokia veep Kevin Shields who screamed: "lumia 800 is awesome, even i can't screw it up" (vids avlbl in youtube).

So, stop worrying about the future, worry about the present. Who knows, 808 may either give us orgasms, or completely bleep our lives?! Let's not get excited about 808.
desperately waiting for an update from "Symbian Belle 111.030.0609" to "Nokia Belle" with all the fixes, and without any new tumours!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
q_singularity

speaking of 808, i eagerly look forward to a lot of "oohs & aahhs", as well as a lot of "moderator edited post due to profanity" posts in this forum. :smileyhappy: smoke it!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Photoamitsharma

Nokia 808 PureView 41 megapixel Camera Phone ,Price seems to be around Rs. 33899

I am a Photographer at 

http://www.indianinstituteofphotography.com

Please use plain text.