Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia E5 buttons don't work

Registered Member
adam_g

nokia E5 buttons don't work

My phone stopped working, none of the buttons work apart from the red disconnect call button, therefore I can't unlock the keypad. The flash light at the back randomly comes on. 

I removed the battery several times, then put it back in and its still not working.

P.S.. Its been like that for about a week and then randomly it started working today...for a few hours and now the same thing happens again! 

Is there anyone that could help me? Please

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Did you do anything specific to the phone before it started happening?

If the buttons won't work, it is probably a hard ware fault which we cannot fix here. You will have to visit a Nokia care point for repair.

What you can do of course is if it starts to work, back up all of your needed content via Ovi suite or Pc suite. Try reinstalling the fw or update it. If not try a soft reset by dialling *#7370#. The soft reset will wipe your phone memory, hence the need for a back up of contacts, messages, etc.

If this does not work, there's nothing more you can do other than what's already mentioned.

You can find your nearest care point here: http://europe.nokia.com/support/repair-and-recycle/repair/care-points
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
E5DEAD

I have that same EXACT problem. I think our phones are dead pal. :smileysad:
Water  spilt on mine though. I immediately took out the battery for like 2 days. During that time i placed in in a small bowl filled with rice grains (I heard that 's supposed to help with getting rid of the moisture). Afterwards I tried it and it worked at first for a few hours but now its doing exactly what you described!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Sometimes it's unfortunately not enough. If it's not totally dried up you will get parts with fails due to corrosion. Can take days, weeks or months.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
adam_g

i have never dropped in water. my phone started working again, for about 2 weeks and it has stopped working AGAIN like 2 days ago, never buying a nokia again!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

My comment about corrosion was just ment for E5DEAD above.

You adam_g will have to get your phone repaired. Such issues are of course annoying, but with the amount of phones Nokia make, it will happen to some devices. Beware that the failure rate is pretty much the same over the whole line of brands.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
billyc84

I am having the exact same problem. I took in for repar around Xmas time and now the same thing has just started again.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rileym

mine DOES EXACTLY THE SAME!!!!
I dont know what to do.

did u find a solution? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
charliieh

Mine AND my mum's have done the same! :smileysad: We didnt even do anything for it to happen. It just randomly stopped working
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
faasash

am also facing the same prblm....and any one got solution..??????????????

Please use plain text.
Saenda

Dear all, I have been using Nokia E5 and it was great. The last 2 months I installed Whatsapp application and it was working perfect. All of a sudden, it started hanging whenever I press any button. The flash light comes and go randomly and currently I can not even unlock it as the keypad doesnot work. I suspected virus, but I am not really sure. It seems this E5 has a common problem!!! 

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Could only suggest that you use Nokia Suite to backup your files by going to Tools and then Backup then reset device by keying in *#7370# followed by 12345 (default Nokia lock code unless altered by user). Try device without restoring "Settings" as may re-introduce software corruption.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.