Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia c3 freezes then shuts down

xtina_dc01

nokia c3 freezes then shuts down

Hey,

I've bought a new nokia c3 and I bought an 8gig memory card(Kingston) for it.Everything is working fine at first but then when it started to store up,up to 2gig of it's memory the problems starting to show up.

First: whenever I take a picture, my phone shutdown and in order for me to turn it on again, I have to take the memory card out and turn it on and put the memory card again.

Second: when I go to camera and photos my phone starts to freeze then shuts down.

Third: whenever I use the Bluetooth and send or receive a file it freeze then shuts down.

Fourth: whenever I try to delete something in the memory card my phone freeze then shuts down.

I already upgraded it, but still the same thing happens, is it because of my memory card? Please help me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tinle88

Re: nokia c3 freezes then shuts down

I have the same problem as well, i have a 2gb memory but it hasnt even reached 1 gb and when i get into the photos the phone freezes, im not sure if it's the memory card.

PLEASE HELP NOKIA!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi,

I believe you need to update your phone with the latest sw available.

Please backup before updating.

Please check this link for updating:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
juicylucy

Hi I have had my c3 only for a couple of months and it keeps freezing. When it has been switched on for a little while the messages in the conversations get mixed up and the names of contacts don't match up with the messages they have sent, so I have switched it off and back on again and it turns on and is active for about 10 seconds and then freezes again and I have taken the battery and sim card out and left it out and done it again and its frozen exactly the same. Please help! Thank you

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
firestormer

I have a similar problem with my SD card (8GB)

one of the main problems is that when I turn my phone off I usually have to take the SD card out for the phone to turn on properly properly again

also, when I try to move files to and from the SD card the phone simply freezes on me and turns off, I updated my to the latest software earlier today and yet my phone has frozen at least 5 times already! please help...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gio111

Same problem here .. anybody found a solution ?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
caroline4593

Hi, was there any solution for this yet apart from software update? I have my c3 on v8.70 and it still not cured the problem. I think Nokia need to address this asap.

Please use plain text.
dwayne_awesome

Listen take the back part of your mobile and take out the cover, than take tape and stick the battery to the cover. This is what I found out, I searched for 5 months day and night, than I checked my mobile more than 40 times thoroughly and found that the battery was a lose connection. Try it, if it doesn't work than you might have to give it to nokia.
Please use plain text.