Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: nokia c3 wlan

Registered Member
CamCam1145

I bought my C3 in Porta (Ecuador Operator) and I have the exact same problem! Came here to report that this issue is spreading throughout the whole world.

Nokia MUST FIX THIS! This is just... dissapointing

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
CamCam1145

@charlie222

That would've worked for me, if my operator wouldn't had deleted the option "My Web"  ¬¬

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bigdadylacika

Hi!

My problem is with the Hungarian 03.36 Vodafone, that the e-mail program is not working with all the wlan routers. My home router is Asus WL-520GC and with it I get communication error, but with a Linksys router everything is good. How can it be?

(both WPA2personal)

(i set my gmail with linksys, and with my asus I get the @ icon (so it communicates), but I cannot read it because of that comminication error)

???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
janefoll

Thanks charlie222 this worked for me.

I have spent 2 hours on the phone to nokia today who are a bunch of brainless   ...................!

Your the man!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Misschristina1

I really want to buy a Nokia C3, but there seems to be so many unsolved issues with the Wlan. Is it worth buying?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
janny456

[ Edited ]

Charlie222 you are brilliant - works fine now. Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Cybernaught

Hi Gang, Got my C3 a few days ago and am having the same probs you outline here, so I surfed in looking for a solution. I have implemented Charles' fix and will try to find a WIFI hot-spot tomorrow to test things out and see if I got it right. Thanks for a great "Help" forum. The C3 seems like a great deal for the money and it is a Nokia. :smileysurprised:) Steve.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gefiles

Hi Charlie there´s no way to make this works, my phone doesn´t give such optios as change for personal configuration, i'm stuck, may be other way?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
mamshoo

my phone gives me  options either to connect with wifi or gprs...

but everytime i choose wifi when using the internet, it wont work...

it keeps on loading and displays communication error.. never worked..

if im using gprs, the internet works..

can anyone help me for a solution?

this is hopeless...

Please use plain text.
Dhaar

Hey, guys!

First of all, thanks charlie222 for the idea. I've managed to make this c3 of mine ask for the wlan option instead of the gprs before connecting. And the internet works. However, I can't use yahoo messenger now. It asks me to check my connectivity.

I swear... a lot of problems with this phone. I have it for about two weeks, from Uk, PAYG from O2 and didn't imagine I'd have so many problems.

So... that yahoo thing issue. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Have a nice day!

Please use plain text.
amanoel

[ Edited ]

Hi.  I have tried Charlie 222 suggestion on my Nokia C3 vodafone and now asks me everytime how I want to connect.  So Thank you for that.  I can go online through my wi-fi in all applications appart from web internet.  If I  browse with opera mini is ok, mail is ok, communities chat etc its fine.  But not internet.  When I try to connect asks me how I want to connect, which is something that didn't do before, but when I do choose wi-fi, I always get vodafone asking me to login with my user name and password, which I don't even have.   

I have just unlocked my phone to see if that would sort out the bit missing, (Web Internet), I Inserted my other sim card from orange but I get the same message from vodafone, user name and password.  Please can you help? Can anyone help?  Do you have any idea why this is still happening? Thanks 

Please use plain text.
koolraj86

Hi I am using C3 and having problem wilth wlan.

i have tried the settings which was referred by charlie but its not working for me every time i connect to the internet using wlan it shows service not available. the setting which i had applied earlier was 

Menu - settings - connectivity - WLAN - available wlans - then click edit on the WLAN you want to use. Look under 'Access point MAC', 

and then 

Menu - Internet - Web Settings - Configuration Settings, then select configuration and change to Personal configuaration

I am using TERACOM WIFI router at home for internet model T2 B Gawv1.4Y10Y BI.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Eddie82

It doesn't work for me...

even with all the workarounds mentioned in this forum, it still doesn't work. I even updated to version 4.60 (most recent - dated 31-08-2010), my phone is unlocked and the problem continues!

It is also very clear that this happens only when trying to "browse" the internet. If I do "Menu>Internet>Nokia.mobile", then it asks for which connection, I select Wifi and it works properly. If I use the OVI store, it works properly... email? works properly! Opening the Opera mini browser (regardless of version!) to browse the internet? doesn't work! It does ask me which connection, I select Wifi and still, same frustrating message: "Failed to connect to the Internet"!!

Can Nokia officially tell us what's going on? Or at least can they tell us they are actively checking this?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yasramy143

hi, tried this one and saw the access point mac, but cannot edit the nos!!!! still link is not available please help!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
silkymaid

Hi,

Thanks...it worked, been trying to get on Wifi for 2 days now..was really losing my patience with the phone, I also switched my modem off & re started it again after inputting these codes into my phone and it worked..just need to get it to use wifi now instead of gprs when I input a web address..Hoorah..!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
luverz6

I'm In The UK & I Bought The C3 From Vodafone & I Seem To Be Having The Same Problem With The Wlan & Also I See Theres An Update For The C3 But I Tried Updating Via Pc And The Updater Is Telling Me That Theres No Software Update For My C3, I Went On The Nokia Website Where It Says Theres An Update For The C3 & Entered My Product Code To See If It Says Theres An Update But Surprisingly It Said Also There Is No Up Date For My Product.  Now Am Puzzled Looking At The Screen Were It Says There Is An Update For The C3 But Yet Am Bein Told Otherwise By The Updater & The Website.

Please use plain text.
Professor
chromecat

Check this post: link

Nokia Lumia 520 3046.0000.1329.2001 RM-914
Nokia Asha 302 V15.09 22-05-13 RM-813
Please use plain text.
deva69

[ Edited ]

Hi, I just got this phone yesterday and have used the configuration settings given in this post which has worked great for getting mail and internet to ask how to connect, many MANY thanks for that! :smileyhappy: 

However, chat (yahoo) still uses the gprs connection!  Sometimes (!) it asks how I want it to connect but even when I select wlan I'll notice the 'G' come up on screen while it is connected (sneaky :smileymad:).  Any ideas how I can connect to chat on wifi without it activating the gprs?  Thanks.

Oh, and has anyone else noticed that after you change the config settings the preloaded bookmarks (such as googlemail, twitter, facebook, etc.) won't load - they all go to vodafone live instead.  Weird!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
thakurlokesh

I was facing the same problem. But I solved it by switching access point from 1 to 2.

Settings> connectivity> Packet Data> Packet Data Settings > active access point

Choose 2 or 3 or 4 etc.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
askdziner

i have same problem my cell phone get wlan signal with my device but when i try to conect with it it gives mein WLAN  connection fialed every time i m using net gear router and my whole network is on IP with my destop pc, laptop and my printer

plz help me to solve this issue

Please use plain text.