Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia c3 wlan

Registered Member
david1969

Re: nokia c3 wlan

allsolution...mate, you are a bloody genius, because it works! NOKIA and all the rest of the so called "service providers" can go and f...uck themselves for them wasting people's time like this. Anyway, thanks bro!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chris7207

THE WIFI GPRS problem with Nokia C3-00 ..........           ................    and it goes on !!!

The newest software recently installed then is should be over......   really ???

Fact's are that when I was for two months in Finland the problem did NOT occur  on the KOLUMBUS=ELISA network ! ! (with  a kolumbus=elisa prepaid card)

In Holland I use the KPN network and it will when needed make a GPRS connection BUT disconnecting is NO possebility !  Short move to "Flight mode "  is killing the connection. BUT it will start in short time AGAIN !

Both mentioned networks were use in PrePaid mode.

Back home i tried the KOLUMBUS card on the Dutch networks wich was VODAfone.

I could then turn on GPRS and TURNOFF GPRS !

SO a "roaming GPRS" was also working by a Finnish card in Holland in the way it should : WORKING WHEN NEEDED !

Is this problem readlly depending on the Network operator ? ? It looks it does ! !

When this subject isn't solved for the C3 (I haven't seen it on other phones) it will turn into a expensive Phone and so it will be a real POOR man's phone................

I regret that I changed my choice from SAMSUNG's 335 to the NOKIA C3-00 !

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi,

If your phone goes to the GPRS connectiion, please check the applications settings below:

Menu > communities >Option > settings > 1-minimise my data use :stop all automatic downloading of text and pictures

2 - automatically update my phone home >never

Messaging > Chat >> Option  > More >settings >Other settings >Notify me of new updates >Off

(Messaging Chat >select WLAN (Menu > Settings > Connectivity > WLAN > Internet Connection :Ask first)

Menu > Mail > Minimise costs: change Inbox update to manual to my accounts

Mail > Select WLAN: (Menu > Settings > Connectivity > WLAN > Internet Connection :Ask first)

Br

mahayv

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chris7207

Question 1-3 :

Is there any setting in the C3-00 for a WiFi / GPRS connection set on the SIM-card ??

Question 2-3 :

Are ALL the settings for a WiFi / GPRS connection on the C3-00 placed on the PHONE's memory ?

I have two SIM's

One for prepaid in a Finnish Network. GPRS installed via SMS of the operator

One for prepaid in a Dutch Network. GPRS installed via SMS of the operator

The Finnish SIM works as it should with GPRS : ON when needed OFF when browser is closed.

As well in Holland as in Finland ! In Finland -Elisa- and Holland in roaming -VodaFone- .

The Dutch SIM is connecting at once and after disconnecting it comes up again in short time !

It is only tested in Holland not yet roaming in Finland.

Question 3-3 :

Would it be possible that the operator is starting a GPRS connection ?

Because they "know" that you installed the GPRS possibility on "their" network number.

All was set to "My action is required" in the GPRS and WiFi settings.

There are a few fact's in this matter who don't leave the networks out of the problem cause.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
karljw18

My problem was that when I go to download something off the mobile web, like a game, it automatically uses GPRS even though I am connected to a WLAN network. I made the adjustments you suggested but now my C3 isn't downloading anything at all. Please help!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sumitjha0861

I too am a Nokia C3 user from India. My mobile operator is Tata Docomo and I am also facing this problem of wlan. I also find that the settings are confusing and something should be done about the wlan software. I assure you that it is nokia's software problem and not operator's problem. As operator can never govern whether the phone should access internet through gprs or wlan. I am a software engineer myself so I am very sure about that. So, please do something about it. Thank You.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shweta_sharma

frnds....i have same kinda prob..!! i have set internet connection  on "ask first"...bt still its not asking while it connects to internet nd uses default internet service of sim card..!

Please use plain text.
goodmind

Thankx a lot balajake... i'm a new c3 customer facing the sme problm of wifi... ur solution worked for me n nw able to acces wifi thru opera mini... anyone who face the problem plz try thru opera mini..
click

menu

apps

extras

collection

opera mini...

thanx again

"Worship the Creator not His creations"
Please use plain text.
sittappa

Hi,

You are right, its working with additional changes.

In Menu - Settings - Configuration - Default config. settings.

You can try this, it may work.

If you go to Menu - Settings - Configuration - Personal Settings - My Web 
And follow the steps, you do not need to fill in any details, just activate it.

Then go to Menu - Internet - Web Settings - Configuration Settings, then select configuration and change to Personal configuaration. Then the 'account' should say my web.

So for good, then check the

Menu - Settings - Configuration - Default config. settings. "Default config. settings", if that still in operator's config settings you have to change this in to "Personal Config."

then it will work properly

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ansh4598

There is one more thread that I found with the same topic. You must ake a look at this.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Pudding90

U must set ask first, if u set it to do not ask the phone will find the simplest way to connect which is by using ur service provider. No server access maybe is regarding ur bluetooth hidden. Set it to temparary visible or always. If u have deleted the config settings then u can easily restore factory settings to get back the setting from your provider. No need to do all the geeky things like adding access point and things like that. If u do not want to use ur sim to surf the net u might need to go to ur service provider to disable all the wap, gprs or edge and do not disturb the config settings in your phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dapgamer

hii friends I am Dapender Singh- please see this video to connect c3 to your l local WIFI.... I try this and its working.... hi hop you will also get good result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Tj4NXx2Rg

Please use plain text.
Guzzik

I have done everything listed on these pages and NOTHING works...........I am with Vodafone. It has GOT to be Vodafone not wanting the wifi used.
Please use plain text.
Guzzik

I am wondering why Nokia has not joined in and offered us some support on these matters............I am beginning to think that having a mobile phone is a con.
Please use plain text.
ErmacShadow

Why don't they hire you at Nokia? Your solution worked 100%! Teach me the way Master!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rajjj

Why cant wlan not working for apps like uc browser, opera mini, ebuddy.... Etc., how to use them through wlan connection?
Please use plain text.
HazZa92

I deleted all access points and it works fine on WLAN but when i try to watch a vid on youtube it wont stream it and it says check connection settings and this is because it says there are no settings found and it says contact your service provider. If i get new settings im afraid it will cost me money when i use WLAN again.
HELP ME PLEASE GUYS
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
y_a_i_

Hi all,

Nokia C3 drops wifi connection immediately after connect  to it.

It works good after software update, but suddenly wifi stop works.  

My sw: v08.70

29-07-11

RM-614

Could any one help me?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shamtk

Delete all access points. Delete all packet data settings. Even Cofiguration settings. WLAN will work. 

Please use plain text.
boyesef2007

Found a solution for C3 wireless

apply the following:smileyindifferent:

1)Adjust date settings with network automaitically
2) from web settings select Downloading settings
change settings to be Always allowed

nothing more It worked for me with opera and community too

Please use plain text.