Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia e5 battery problem, connection problem

yellowgirlaruba

nokia e5 battery problem, connection problem

Hi, got an e5 about 5 monyhs ago, after 6 weeks problems with me not hearing what the otherpersons says, battery dying in a couple of hours and phone heating when charging. brought it to my provider, they " fixed" it by updating. Then it froze. Received a new one, and now after 2 months same problems. Also I receive always "package data on hold, end now". i press yes, but receive it again. Also received bill for using to much internet, like youtube, which i did not use. I am going back to my provider again tomorrow, meanwhile using my old e71, which I loved, but after the e5 finding it outdated.any suggestions?
Please use plain text.
yellowgirlaruba

Re: nokia e5 battery problem, connection problem

I forgot to mention my connection proble, lots of times I cannot call due to connection error
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

[ Edited ]

yellowgirlaruba wrote:
Hi, got an e5 about 5 monyhs ago, after 6 weeks problems with me not hearing what the otherpersons says, battery dying in a couple of hours and phone heating when charging. brought it to my provider, they " fixed" it by updating. Then it froze. Received a new one, and now after 2 months same problems.

You list a number of (hopefully) unrelated problems, but the above issue is the big one.  I strongly suggest you swap for another new phone, and continue swapping until you get one that works long term.  If you get another bad unit, get the next one from another branch of that store if possible, or maybe have the new phone mailed to you from a warehouse.  When manufacturing anything, sometimes there can be bad batches, and getting a good unit can mean some creativity in seeing that the new unit comes from a different batch.
For the packet data and connection issues, post a followup with more details if these problems continue.
To control your data usage, see threads like /t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/E72-automatically-connecting-to-internet/m-p/663098/highlight/true#M64... for tips.  I hope that helps!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Same problem with mt device too ...it consuming battery a lot.....& network connectivity issue too
Please use plain text.
bhushanlimbani

i m using nokia e5,but some days back i have upgrade the version to 102.002 from that time i m not able to use the youtube app,it prompts check with the network connection i have tried by many ways but no result i have also reinstalled the youtube app but no result plz guide me with the solution..on my email
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Please use plain text.