Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia e71 pc suite problems

Contributor
Qwarmas
Accepted Solution

nokia e71 pc suite problems

[ Edited ]

Ok so i bought nokia e71 and i wanna use pc suite with it , but somehow i cant , neither pc suite on cpu neither phone detetcs each other (though i can use mass storage , com port and web cam when i connect phone to pc via usb cable) but with those features working i dont have choise to use pc suite when i connect phone to pc and as i mentioned neither my pc detects phone

i tried reinstaling suite and everything about nokia from my cpu , tried installing older connectivity drivers for nokia and its still the same i have 3 features working but when it comes to pc suite it blows.

Any solutions ?

P.S i tried going to menu/setings/conectivity on phone when connected to pc and the only choice is blue tooth for some reason .

P.P.S i dont have newest software and i didnt tried to format , if that might help ?

Oh i cant get newest software as ovi suite is not seeing my phone as well.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Re: nokia e71 pc suite problems

Your E71 should have 4 USB connection options. PC Suite, Mass Storage, Media Transfer, Connect PC to Web. If you don't have these options, you probably have a fake Nokia.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/nokia-e71/guides

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Qwarmas

[ Edited ]

seems like the right thing... how i can get more sure that my phone is fake ?

(as i said it only these conection types when you connect phone to pc 1.Mass storage 2.webcam 3.com port )

I can post pictures of my phone if that helps to recognize if the phone is fake

Just checked my phone IMEI number and its manufactured in finland if that means something ( i know it means high quality)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Dial *#0000# and tell exactly what you see. Webcam and Com port are not part of a genuine E71.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Qwarmas

nokia e71

v 06.40

30-04-09

RM-443

(c) Nokia

Variant 255.01

Virtual variant

no virtual variant

Language V 06.40

30-04-09

RM-443

(c) Nokia

Q

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

[ Edited ]

The RM-443 belongs to the Nokia 6303c. I guess your E71 is reflashed with a wrong firmware. Your firmware version is 06.40, it should be in this xxx.xx.xxx format. You better bring your device in to a Nokia Care Point.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/repair-and-recycle/repair/care-points

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Qwarmas

thank you sir for your help, ill do it .
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bshada

I have been using E71 via Pc Suite and Ovi Suite, until few days ago,

it suddenly stop connecting,

as many said, i also try to connect by uninstall, reinstall and so on,

i did one more extra thing, try to connect with my PC, (i was using it on Laptop),

and with PC it works very wel,

so some update or somthing wrong and need to sortout,

i try to check on cable connection driver too,

but its not working,

plz let me know if you have any suggetion,

thanks,

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
adraxx

I installed a theme on my nokia e71 and suddenly everything freezed! I also have the same problem with the nokia suite;no detection from both phone and pc though phone displays the cable connectivity options
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@adraxx

Have you tried removing battery from device for 10 minutes and replacing?

Incompatible themes can cause a lot of problems and in worse case scenario you may have to carry out three depressed power on "hard reset" with resultant loss of ALL user data to recover.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
adraxx

well i settled for the hard reset and it eorked....but with the cable connectivity, i dont get any response from the pc even thogh i get options like "pc suite,mass storage,media transfer and connect to web"
Please use plain text.