Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia n73 lock code

Registered Member
artjoms23
Accepted Solution

nokia n73 lock code

[ Edited ]

hi, is there any way I can disable the lock code? I have full access to the phone, I know the lock code and I can change it to anything I want.. but having to enter the code everytime I want to unlock the phone is time consuming. is there a way I can disable it?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: nokia n73 lock code

@artjoms23

How about going to Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Security > Phone and SIM > scroll down to Phone autolock period = None - thinks it asks for your lock code again before allowing you to change.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
artjoms23

thanks for the response. I already had this settings set to none but I followed your steps again. I also changed my lock code to 00000 and now the phone no longer asks me to enter the code. problem solved, thank you

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

my mobile lock code is missing so how can remove old lock code
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

98426 wrote:
my mobile lock code is missing so how can remove old lock code

Do you mean, you have forgotten the Lock code ? If so, ONLY Nokia Care can reset it to the default 12345. A proof of ownership (Bill / Invoice) may be needed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MKCHRY

N73 lock code forget
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Read Message 5 above for solution ...

Please use plain text.