Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia n8 dont upgrade to latest software

Advisor
alidavirgo

nokia n8 dont upgrade to latest software

hi there

i m from canada and got nokia from rogers the nokia website shows updates available but my phone dont find anything to update

whts wrong with my phone i m using 013.016 software version n it has alot of problems i want to upgrade to latest software

pls help!!!!!!!!!!11

thnx

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: nokia n8 dont upgrade to latest software

Availability of updates depend on Region / Product Code. Also if the phone is Network locked, then the update is possible only after an approval from the Operator. Though the Nokia website shows an availability, there isn't any for your device.. so wait and keep on checking...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
alidavirgo

any other way to get update...

my unlocked my phone but rogers logo come up when i start the phone but i m using differnet operator now on it

pls help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

The only official ways to update the Firmware are..

1. Thru' the Phone,

2. Thru' OVI Suite or Nokia Software Updater,

3. Nokia Care

Please use plain text.
Advisor
alidavirgo

the phone and ovi dont show any update for my phone yet

tell other way i want to get rid of this software creates trouble all the time for me

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Then your last bet is nokia Care.. If even they can't help you (.. and most probably that will be the case..).. you do not have any other option but to wait till an update is released for your device....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

[ Edited ]

alidavirgo wrote:

the phone and ovi dont show any update for my phone yet

tell other way i want to get rid of this software creates trouble all the time for me

That's because there is no update for your phone released yet. We cannot discuss any other ways here, as farby said you will have to wait until the update becomes available for Rogers.

To clear up any confusion - even if you have unlocked your phone to be used on a different network, it still remains network-branded with network-branded firmware. SIM-locking and network-branding are two completely different things. Removing the branding will not unlock the handset and similarly unlocking the phone does not remove the branding.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
alidavirgo

pls pm me how to de brand it.....

Cant bear this more.....really

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kingblue

The only authorized way of having a phone de-branded is by going to Nokia Care Point, and ask them kindly to do it for you.

Kind regards,

kingblue

Please use plain text.
Advisor
alidavirgo

is that free or how much they charge?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
alihassan5

u must have ovi suite's latest version eg. 3........do not just install software updater!!

connect ur phone and check the latest updates (tools-softwareudates-check updates) prompt all the avialaible updated. You'll see updates Symbian Anna and some free applications e.g. Galaxy on fire, real golf ec. select all of those updates and click continue.

phone's software Updates complete in 2 section you'll see this on ur screen anyway updating 1 of 2

It is my advise to not disconnect your phone unless ur ovi suite says to do so, It took more than 45 mins on mine phone. i am not sure how long its gonnna take on urs one.

again there are limitations of this new software update (symbian Anna) it might not be available in your country. it is available in UK i aint sure about other countries. if you wana change your code leme know i'll send you mine.

Good luck Mate!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

alihassan5 wrote:

u must have ovi suite's latest version eg. 3........do not just install software updater!!

connect ur phone and check the latest updates (tools-softwareudates-check updates) prompt all the avialaible updated. You'll see updates Symbian Anna and some free applications e.g. Galaxy on fire, real golf ec. select all of those updates and click continue.

phone's software Updates complete in 2 section you'll see this on ur screen anyway updating 1 of 2

It is my advise to not disconnect your phone unless ur ovi suite says to do so, It took more than 45 mins on mine phone. i am not sure how long its gonnna take on urs one.

again there are limitations of this new software update (symbian Anna) it might not be available in your country. it is available in UK i aint sure about other countries. if you wana change your code leme know i'll send you mine.

Good luck Mate!

You have absolutely no clue whatsoever about what the original poster wants to do. So why post a long and irrelevant message for other people to wade through ?

Please use plain text.
clivaldo69

Well to download the new symbian Anna you do need the most recent version of ovi suit. Anyhow l do not think you are missig much from this update (make no mistake symbian Anna is beautifullto the eyes) After updating my phone it has become so erratic and slow.

1) Sometimes the touch function refuses to work there fore miss calls and am forced to restart.
2)battery life only lasts me six hours as opposed to a day before update.

if l could down grade, l would.

if anyones has a solution to this please feel free but to the thread creator sorry to dampen your spirit.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alihassan5

i am not sure how doowngrade works in nokia n8 as i haven't tried to downgrade my phone yet, by the way it happend to my phone aswel when i attempted to update my software. Then i reinstalled symbian anna and resolved these issues. Alongside the problems u've mentioned i persume u've also lost pdf reader and office aswel during ur software updating.. Try to reinstal the software if u'r still facing the same difficulties than its advisable to contact Nokia care centre, i'm pretty
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

clivaldo69 wrote:
if l could down grade, l would.

No.. its NOT possible to Downgrade the Firmware....

Please use plain text.