Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia n8 is turning into a joke. do not recommend ...

Sage
slashd0t

Re: nokia n8 is turning into a joke. do not recommend any more

My N8 has been rock solid... And I came from the N97 which was the biggest POS ever released.

Lumia 920/N9

Previous Life: N8, N95, 8600, 8800 Sapphire Arte, N97, N97-Mini, 5800 and a few older ones :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Professor
kman00

I suggest you guys that have problems contact Nokia care and follow up with them. One thing is for sure, some S60 5th edition applications make nokia N8 go crazy! For instance I installed the Divix player which worked great on my N97 but after installing it on N8 the phone went crazy, took me forever to get rid of it and after I did, phone started to work with no problems! Most those crashes and restarts has something to do with some app not compatible with S^3.

Anyways, I'm not saying Nokia N8 is perfect, well hardware wise its awesome, software wise well lets just wait till this major FW update comes out and see how Nokia going to tackle these problems.

Nokia N80
Nokia N82
Nokia N97
Nokia N8 Dark Gray- RM-596
Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

I think we need to lobby Nokia for this.

a) Hire more competent Developers and QA to write and test the Operating System and its various features, including Qt.

b) Before the next release, make sure Nokia fixes all BUGS or rather MOST Critical Bugs

c) But do not wait too long because we might just sell our phones to get Androids!

Please use plain text.