Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia n8 phone memory full???

Contributor
karambba

nokia n8 phone memory full???

I wonder why my phone memory is almost full all the time.  I dont have anythin on that memory, all applications are in mass memory and all pics and wids. I have tried to move data to mass memory but i have already moved all that i can and i still have only 7MB free space in phone memory. I cant even install new ovi store to my phone because I just dont have enough space. and I dont understand why it tryes to installa it to c: drive enethough my settings in ovi store tells it to install all things to mass drive. 

what can man do?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

Applicatons, Office, File manager, Long press on C:, details

Post what you see

If messaging is over a MB or so then the usual culpret is e-mail, which tends to store local downlaods on C for some unknown reason, clear out your mail box of any emails with large attachemnts you amy have opend on the phone,.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
karambba

also ewery time that i star the phone it tells me to release space from c drive.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
karambba

messages 109 Mt... thats largest. but what messages are those?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
karambba

i dont have my normal email account set to phone. i use opera mobile to check my email sometimes. does that matter?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

So messaging is your issue,

Go into applications, Mail and check you don't have a mail box set up,

Otherwise look in your messaging app and remove any MMS or Bluetooth messages that may be taing space on C

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vukpodbara

I have the same problem but mine n8 says that is 92mb SIS applications and 143 mb other files...what to do pls help

Sorry for my bad english btw.

Please use plain text.
Professor
j444lh

I think you can delete those .sis files or move them to "E" if you want to save them.

Check your settings on both the phone and in Nokia Store so that the default install location is "E" Mass Memory.

N95 (RM159) V31.0.017, N8 (RM596) Belle 111.040.1511
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
hpholm

The SIS Program files shown can not be moved or deleted, it is programs installed on C: to make the phone work. The big difference from Anna to Belle is the amount of Other on C:, where Belle allocates and reserves C: space for browser cache, the new Nokia Store client, and possibly some of the new features in Maps, Social and Search.

What is eating away the C: drive space in Belle is still a mystery to me. The slow eating of kilobytes could be down to crash file reports, some of it could be the search index growing, but I have also seen Belle lose 20MB on C: after a routine backup! - Anyway, it is entirely up to Nokia to provide the housekeeping routines for the C: drive, to make sure that the free space is kept steady.

--

Hans

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
hpholm

Hi vukpodbara,

If the phone gives errors about memory full when using it, then backup everything on the phone and do a delete and restore. Either from the Settings in the phone - or by dialing *#7370# - or from the option to reinstall the firmware in Nokia Suite. Delete and restore also erases everything on the phone E: drive.

You will have to reinstall downloaded programs and redo the settings in the phone. It can be done in a day with a bit of practice. :smileyfrustrated:

--

Hans

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dazzadaman

I'm having a similar problem. My phone keeps telling me I have low phone memory. There is 48MB out of 200MB left and when I check in the file manager There is only around 36MB used, however when I check details it tells me There is 101MB in "other files" how can I find to delete these files if they aren't on file manager?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Triciacare

I don't think this has anything to do with actual memory storage. I think there's some kind of failure or corruption in the system, and that Nokia should address it. My local phone store has tried to help customers with this problem to no avail!
Please use plain text.
7upl

I have done hard reset with *#7370#, but after re-installing some applications phone memory going down. My settings in Ovi store is to install programs in mass memory but all programs installed in phone memory. This happens after upgrading to Belle. Now my phone cannot use anymore unless this problem solved.

I feel only nokia can fix this problem.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Melchy

same here. I have only ever had Nokia phones, but the N8 has been a nightmare. It freezes all the time, loses it's icons so my links have no faces. Wn't click on stuff, hangs, the battery runs out when I'm not even using it and now this error message. My upgrade isn't due until May and I'm about to throw it out the window :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Viktush

C'mon Nokia!! I can't even do the latest updates on music player and widgets. 150 MB are taken by "other files" that I don't have access to. :smileysad: Now I see why symbian was scrapped. :crying:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
niallhardie

This has happened to me in just the last few days.   Phone memory full, but when you check the files, it says only 7MB.  This has occured only after recent software upgrade.  Anyone listening Nokia - customer service?

I am due to  upgrade at the end of the year - this will have an impact on phone choice...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jondotcom

I have had this issue as well on my N8, as have my wife and my dad (all using unlocked N8s purchased on Amazon).

I've gone in to the File Manager and deleted anything that seemed sizable and unnecessary (included background images were one that freed up some space).

In the case that there doesn't seem to be anything unnecessary to delete, we deleted all SMS messages in the inbox and sent message box, and that freed up roughly 40MB. If you don't need those messages, that might be something to try.

My wife's N8 had 6MB free (with constant errors, and general slowness), and after deleting the ~4000 messages (which included some MMS messages as well) she now has 40MB free, and the low memory errors have ceased (for now).

Please use plain text.
prakash2kool

Even I had tried hard reset after which my N8 gave around 141MB of free Disk space on C drive, after that there was an update from Nokia (Belle Refresh and Microsoft apps) and Kaboom.. I've only 40MB of disk space available in C now...!!!!

Even the apps are installed in E drive, when you run them, they create their temp files in C. And some apps create their quick start/boot/load/levels/etc in C drive itself.

So the problem lies in the apps memory management and of course OS Memory management is not behind it.

I would suggest all of you to install and use only required apps.

There was a game "Dalton The Awesome" which i liked to play a lot, this was when Anna was not even in the picture. After subsequet os upgrades, that game pretty much destroys the phone working capability. I had to restart it several times before it can work as usual.

Currently, with 40MB of disk space available on C drive, My N8 works fine as usual, I play games like Angry Birds (Seasons, Space, Rio), Doodle, Circus, Angry Ball, Cut The Wire, Fruit Ninja, Throw the Knife, Gypsy Jump, etc.

I keep my data pack, WiFi, WhatsApp, LockScreen, Themes, Call Safe, Music Player, etc always on. With all these I get a full day of battery backup which is awesome.

Ask people on Android phone, how long they keep their data packet on.. Ha ha ha.. they will say they are afraid to turn that on as their os starts downloading some bullsh** automatically, more over they have to recharge thrier phone twice in a day for that.

I'm happy with my N8, but the world has moved on with a better, cheaper and more user friendly mobile OS - Andriod.

Hopefully, Windows and Nokia venture works out well enough to beat the price which is the major concern in the mobile market today. Good phone are available at very cheap price.

Nokia, you always be 1st in my whish list, currently I'm thinking to get WH-920 for my N8 which is best one in headsets (wired) else BH-221(bluetooth,nfc)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
miked0808

same here, have been using nokia since their 2nd mobile phone ... good old days when once battery charge lasted a week ... anyways, after belle, N8 is like an ugly paperweight ... always low phone memory until today ,,, NO phone memory left. Guess Nokia dont really care about us loyallists anymore since this is their forum and they can read this but dont bother, I even wanted to stay with S60 . Belle or non-windows incarnation but now, it is only sensible to consider a new iphone or samsung when the bonus gets out ... farewell Nokia. Thanks for "caring"

Please use plain text.
gemstone30

Just a quick one if i do this number *#7370# will it erase everything off my SIM card aswell?

Please use plain text.