Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia x6 hsdpa problem

richx6

nokia x6 hsdpa problem

Hi I got an issue with my nokia X6 will only display 3g and will not go to 3.5g  "hsdpa"  is there a way to turn an the hsdpa like my old phone "htc touch diamond"  or is there a way to fix it?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

[ Edited ]

if it wont go to 3.5 g your network may not have that coverage,you will need to speak to them

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

@richx6

• when u r at 3G mode, go to options/settings/connectivity/Admin. settings/Packet data and switch on or enable High speed packet access
  • now if u r in a 3G area it will take u to 3.5G

PS: If u think this post is helpfull please click white star on green background to u r left.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wizacvolk

i agree with chandana99 but moreover agree with jimmyireland because 3.5G (HSDPA) depends on your service provider. if it's only supports UMTS then your mobile will keep showing only 3G.
You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough ...!

Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

@wizacvolk

• RichX6 has got the results following above
  • As far as I know What UTMS does is keeping the signal alive wothout disturbing, irrespective of whether u are at 3G or 3.5G

just for u r information pl

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

he has not confirmed the result yet

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

Hi Jimmy

• sorry I could not published, he send me a private message

cheers

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

ok lol

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
akshukla

Nokia 3G Reception Problem

I had bought in Aug 2010 a Nokia X6 8GB phone. The phone is extremely good in features, except the 3G. Its reception is very very poor as compared to Nokia's other phone model, for example model E51. When I am sitting in my home, I get full 3G signal in the E51; all 5 signal indicator bar visible. But there is only 1 or 2 bars of signal indicator in X6, and sometime no signal at all. It is very surpising - two 3G phones from the same manufacturer - one showing full signal and another very weak.

Anybody could please suggest solution to the problem?

Please use plain text.