Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia x6 message notification light

Registered Member
sinderella2010

nokia x6 message notification light

I hope someone can help me, I've just brought the nokia x6 phone and its the first phone ive had that when the phones locked it doesn't light up when i get a new text message. Also when the phone is locked/ active stand by i used to be able to have the clock as default if you like. Can anyone help me as when my phone is on silent i never know a text has arrived on my phone apart from a small blink on the bottom of the phone. I love the phone but these are a few features i do miss from my older nokia's. Can anyone help me? or tell me if there is any apps i can download to have these features back.

many thanks in  advance

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kontraband

the little light at the bottom will breath differently if you have a message, thats one way of telling.

You could create a new profile with a beep for new messages or vibrate for example.

You could look at iSMS free, as that does a different type of pop up. Cant remember if it will overlay your standby screen. 

Have a look in  Choose Options-> Edit and then Set Screensaver in Themes see if theres anything in there you like in power down phase. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sinderella2010

Many thanks for your help, i was kinda expecting that this is sadly the way this phone works, Its just strange the phone chnages for calls just not messages.

I will take a look at the iSMS anyway.

again thanks for your reply and help :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.