Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: ovi maps 3.1 not enough memory for update

Counsellor
warrens2
Accepted Solution

ovi maps 3.1 not enough memory for update

the internal updater says i have ovi maps 3.1 to download but when i click it i get a message not enough memory for update delete some data first and try again.yet my memory is as folows c:smileytongue:hone memory 8.9mb  e:mass memory 29.8 gb and f:memory card 967.9mb. so i have enough memory any idea guys  thanks :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage

Try to download Memory update from OTA...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
warrens2

yeah i downloaded an installed the memory update for the n97 the only updates its showing now is the ovi maps 3.1
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
illinjah

Have you tried installing by downloading to your computer and install it with PC Suite?

http://maps.ovi.com/services/integrated

Give it a go and let us know how it went! :smileyhappy:

By clicking the "Kudos!" or the "Solution?" button on the right you can say "Thank You" and you´ll show the author and others that the post is useful.

The day we stop improving is the day we stop being good.

Please use plain text.
Sage

since maps 3.0 (or 3.1, which is the same version!) installs on drive c: (which is your telephone RAM!)

8.9 MB are not enough space.

this is a general bug with the N97 device. it also causes phones to brick or kill your running applications with the "not enough memory error".

you better try to free some space on c:

maybe the following help:

1. open your brower (the nokia one) and delete the cache and personal data

2. store your messages somewhere else. by default they are stored on c: (which is also stupid). try to move them to your mass storage e: or better to some sd-card. be careful with this one because when you reconnect your phone via usb as storage device (not the pc-suite mode!) your message storage will be defaulted to c: again and you have to set it back to the mass storage manually (or it wont show your recieved messages next time you start it!)

3. try to uninstall stuff from your c drive which you dont need. accuweather and facebook is not needed on my phone. to see where these "big" applications rest check your settings -> program manager -> installed programs. the ones on c: dont have the "sd-card-sign" right next to them.

4. try o sabve your pictures, videos and sounds on e:

5. you can move the exchange-installer from c:/installs to e:/installs

6. also move the nokia demo-video from  c:/videos to e:/videos or delete it :smileyhappy:

hope this helps?

Please use plain text.
Sage

ps:

i wouldnt install the maps 3.0 version anyways.

why: read here:

/discussions/board/message?board.id=navigation&thread.id=12223

wait for another "mature" version like 3.2 :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
warrens2

axelj wrote:

since maps 3.0 (or 3.1, which is the same version!) installs on drive c: (which is your telephone RAM!)

8.9 MB are not enough space.

this is a general bug with the N97 device. it also causes phones to brick or kill your running applications with the "not enough memory error".

you better try to free some space on c:

maybe the following help:

1. open your brower (the nokia one) and delete the cache and personal data

2. store your messages somewhere else. by default they are stored on c: (which is also stupid). try to move them to your mass storage e: or better to some sd-card. be careful with this one because when you reconnect your phone via usb as storage device (not the pc-suite mode!) your message storage will be defaulted to c: again and you have to set it back to the mass storage manually (or it wont show your recieved messages next time you start it!)

3. try to uninstall stuff from your c drive which you dont need. accuweather and facebook is not needed on my phone. to see where these "big" applications rest check your settings -> program manager -> installed programs. the ones on c: dont have the "sd-card-sign" right next to them.

4. try o sabve your pictures, videos and sounds on e:

5. you can move the exchange-installer from c:/installs to e:/installs

6. also move the nokia demo-video from  c:/videos to e:/videos or delete it :smileyhappy:

hope this helps?

wow thanks alot mate this did the trick,it was allso a great tutorial on the internal drives i have now learnt a little more about my new device, thanks again:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage

youre welcome.

if you want to know "more" about your internal drives go and get

deviceinfo from moubail.com and the

y-browser from dr.jukka (google it!)

the ybrowser "sees" a lot more files on c: :smileyhappy:

both freeware apps (which can be installed on e: :smileyvery-happy:)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mariolino

my n 97 install memory reorganizer bat on menu is not the icon. this is a problem for memory C. the firmware is 2000019. How make? I have erase all software widget from C, it's insufficient.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jennan1990

Thank you SO much. Did what you said and it worked. 

:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.