Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

phone memory and internal memory lost space

Advisor
imback
Accepted Solution

phone memory and internal memory lost space

I recently pirchased nokia X6 16 gb... its totally fresh i haven't put any songs, or files in it.. but when i see the memory status: for phone memory it shows 276 mb free(out of 512 mb) and used is 44 mb where as in internal memory 334 mb is used and 14.6 gb is free.. where are the remaining space

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
milesh

Re: phone memory and internal memory lost space

format both memories.

Before backup your important data on your PC.

Glad to help :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
imback

its a brand new mobile how can i format without knowing the cause
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

There's nothing wrong with your memory. Phone memory has Symbian OS installed on it, thats why its showing 276MB free.

And stated 16GB Mass Memory (Internal memory) is Unformatted capacity, after creating File system it should be around 15.2GB , Probably your device came with Map data already installed for your country on Mass memory. thats why its showing 334MB used.

Connect your phone via USB to PC in "Mass Storage" mode and check "Cities" folder properties under windows, and see how much space its using. look other folders too, and you'll get a better idea about what is consuming "space".
Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Current Phones: Nokia N9, iPhone 4
Please use plain text.
Advisor
imback

thanks a lot for sharing the info. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
rich

Most phones also come pre-loaded with music, pictures and video which will also be taking up  space.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
imback

yesterday i installed nokia ovi suite and i found out that i have 276 mb free of 300 mb of phone memory and 14.3 gb of 15 gb. That means i have a phone memory of 300 mb and 15 gb mass memory but according to the description of nokia x6 16 gb it should have 16 gb mass memory , 512 mb phone memory and 128 mb RAM.. is this a problem? should i contact nokia care for this problem??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
milesh

its fine. file format takes little space from disk.. I have a 8GB card with my Nokia 5800. It shows 7.4GB capacity of the memory card. Its normal.

Glad to help :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.