Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

pre-shared key for WLAN?

pre-shared key for WLAN?

Hello this sounds a bit dumb but is "pre-shared key for WLAN" on my n95 just wanting the password for my airport/home wireless network? can't find a mention of it anywhere in the book? cheers. wangdangdo
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: pre-shared key for WLAN?

Hi wangdangdo

If you don't want it to keep asking you: Go > Tools > Settings > Connection > Access Points > Select the relevant one > Options > Edit > WLAN Security Settings

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Puskar

I bought a new N8 today and when trying to connect to my phone it asks for the Prehared key for WLAN . Did anyone get any solution for it please?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Your router or accesspoint needs to know the pre-shared key from your N8. You can find this key in the router or accesspoint settings.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Actually it's the other way round. The N8 needs to know the PSK set up in your wireless router or WAP. We don't have this information, you do because it's YOUR router or WAP.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Puskar

I solved mine. I had the security enabled in my router and just had to change the security settings in the router and all went fine.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Happy thrills, Puskar. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Puskar

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
iggyPRO

Can any body help me.. i hve my Nokia c5-03.. i try 2 conect my wlan but asking for pre-shared key for wlan and wep key for wlan... HELP ME PLS!!:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
buttsafdar

[ Edited ]

Please help me i'm using nokia n85 when want to connect wifi a pre shear wep key is required but i not knew the wep key when i ask from my neighber he refused me to tell the wep key pasword he not allow me to use his wifi. Please send me how can i break this code.pleas reply.

Moderator Note: E-mail address removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public web forum.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

You don't want to let us do something illegal, do you?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
alpha_beta

In some wireless routers security for PSK is enabled. Disable it by configuring through PC. Another way is to add your phone MAC address (use this code in your phone : *#62209526#  ) to the wireless router settings. Save settings and next time no need to enter any PSK  for this router.

For more information visit:  www.nokia-mobile-internet.com

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
connectvity

MY Nokia C05-03  asking pre-shareing key for wlan networking  what is my pre-sharing key

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gizle

hello there ?i haven' a serious problem my nokia c6 00 is keepin'asking 2 me pre shared key when connect to a wi-fi& i do know it.how can i?find it pleaseee
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The pre shared key is the password to access the wifi. You need to ask the owner of the wifi for this password. 

Please use plain text.
amang

what is my pre share key?

what is my pre-share key?

Please use plain text.
amang

how i can get my pre-share key?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

amang wrote:

how i can get my pre-share key?

Message 15 above answers  your query ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Idannlo

I just got my nokia C7 - 00,and is asking for pre-shared key for WLAN,can you help me out please

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Idannlo - Read the full thread and you should get the answer ..

Please use plain text.