Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: "Memory full close some apps and try again" No...

Contributor
supermido

"Memory full close some apps and try again" Nokia 5800 xpress music

it happens all the time even if nokia map is the only app running i think the reason is my phone memory is almost full there is less than 1 mb left and i cant find any thing to delete via phone manager in the phone memory either empty folders or folders which have only hunders of bytes whats making me crazy is when i check the phone memory it says 85 mb used 36 mb sis apps and 48 mb other files and i cant find any of them like i said help!
Btw im afraid to delete some of these files cus they may be system apps
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: "Memory full close some apps and try again" Nokia 5800 xpress music

hi mate,

in this case i would suggest a spring clean of your phone as appears that you have accumulated a lot of stuff over the years (i may be wrong here, so kindly correct me if i am). Check via Nokia Suite if there are any firmware updates available for your device, and update to the latest version offered. Then backup your personal data and perform a three finger hard reset. You will need to re-install all your applications and the such, but your phone performance will be much improved.

Also invest in a microSD memory card if you haven't done so already, and to install apps on the memory card rather than the phone, to save precious memory.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
supermido

a friend entered specific code thst cleaned my phone memory and resetted the phone settungs everythibg was cool til i upgraded my phone software and instslled some apps now it's slow again and can barely run two spos together espeically if i'm browsing desktop page or two websites at once.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

are you sure that you have checked via Nokia Suiite on your PC if there are any firmware updates available for your device? Firmware updates do increase the reliability of the phone, provide new features in some cases, bug fixes, and performance boosts and memory optimisations.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nong98

Same problem is also happen to me but after i reset google maps on handset 40 mb is free.. so try if you use google maps.
Please use plain text.