Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

recent update for 808

Sage
SR_N8

recent update for 808

Hi!

There are many discussions in the net abt some new update for 808 PureView (home screen widget, stopwatch, mirror, etc.) Alo these updates available for download frm some forums... But I do not see these updates on my Nokia 808. Is it safe to install downloaded updates?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: recent update for 808

Just appeared upon my 700 but not yet on 808PV, so probably only a matter of hours before they do:

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Sage
joe808

The recent update of homescreen widget in which the 3G toggle widget, toggle between 2G and dual mode, the same thing as before.

In AAS i've read that this toggles between 3G and 2G. What is this then for?
THANK YOU :smileyhappy:

If this post was useful, click the white star.

Nokia 808 with Belle FP2 (113.010.1506)
Type RM-807
Product code 059p7z2
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

joe808 wrote:
The recent update of homescreen widget in which the 3G toggle widget, toggle between 2G and dual mode, the same thing as before.

In AAS i've read that this toggles between 3G and 2G. What is this then for?

In case you are in a poor 3G signal area you can set the highest connection speed to 2G which prevents the phone from constantly searching for a 3G signal. This in turn will prevent significant battery drain.

Please use plain text.