Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

reinstall symbian os on Nokia E63

Contributor
symbiuser

reinstall symbian os on Nokia E63

Dear All,

I want to reinstall the symbian os on my nokia E63. Could you please let me know where can I get symbian os and how to reinstall the same on my mobile?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: reinstall symbian os on Nokia E63

You should be able to update or reinstall the firmware using Ovi Suite. Ovi Suite will give you the option to update if there is an update available otherwise it should give you the option to reinstall if you have previously updated using Ovi Suite. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
symbiuser

[ Edited ]

Hi cjlim,

thank you for replying but the Ovi store does not have symbian os software. I want to format my mobile's os (symbian) first and then reinstall the same. So I needed the symbian operating system in installable format. i have searched on the internet but not getting downloable and installable forrmat. Do you know any other site from where I can download and install the same?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Not Ovi Store. You need Ovi Suite which you can download from here. Install on your pc, connect your phone to pc using the usb cable use the update function. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
symbiuser

okay, will just try this option and will let you know.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

symbiuser wrote:

okay, will just try this option and will let you know.

OVI Suite > Tools > Software updates > Re-install existing software.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
symbiuser

thank you aspergerguy, will try the option once I install the same.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
symbiuser

Hi,

I have one more question on this reinstallation of symbian on my nokia. While it was reinstalling the software, it has taken backup of my mobile and same backup will be restored during this installation process but I do not want to restore the backup because my mobile is infected by virus and that is the reason I am reinstalling the OS after trying the antivirus first to remove the virus but no success. So I want to know :

1. which is the best antivirus to remove the virus from Nokia E63 and

2. can this reinstallation remove any virus from my mobile?

thank you

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Then you should say no when it asks you if you want to backup the phone.

The E63 deos not really require anti virus. All you need is a little common sense. Do not accept any anonymous bluetooth connections and don't install any apps from dodgy or unknown sources. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
symbiuser

HI thanks for your reply. I use my nokia handset as a modem for my PC to connect to the internet, so that is the reason it became easy for virus to attack. Just one more question - instead of reinstalling the symbian through ovi suite, is there any downloadable version of the same somewhere else? The problem I am facing to install it through ovi suite is because of slow internet connection which gets broken intermittently and I have to again resume the install. Or is there any where in ovi suite itself wherein I can stop the download/install when there is a problem in the internet connection and resume later from the point I had previously paused the download like DAP?

pls let me know if I can work around this problem. thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ranagee70

since yesterday my skype didnt conect bcoz i was restor all my e63 nokia pls tell me what can i do ?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ranagee70

but nimbuz and calling softwear r working what king of problem is this
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Try un-install and then re-installing the Skype ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nishadup

Just try to format by dailing *#7370# then press OK
Please use plain text.
Furious101

My Nokia E63 won't switch on, I push the red button the phone starts off with a white screen with NOKIA written on it in blue and it stays there it won't go further wht seems to be the issue?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Furious101

Worth trying leaving battery out for 10 minutes or so but almost inevitably you need to visit Nokia Care facility for device software to be re-installed unfortunately.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
javaughn

i can,t see anything on my screen because of the virus would it still be possible for it to reinstall the software
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

First of all, whatever issue you are facing with the phone is NOT due to Virus because the phone can't get infected ..

Connect the phone to PC and see if it gets recognised. The re-install option is shown in the Nokia Suite and not on the phone so there is no worry if the phone display not working.. but if the problem lies in the software itself and if the phone is not completing the boot process .. you will need to visit Nokia Care as mentioned by aspergerguy

Please use plain text.