Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

resetting n73 to original factory settings

Registered Member

resetting n73 to original factory settings

hi, how do I reset my n73 to the original factory settins?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

Re: resetting n73 to original factory settings

[ Edited ]
For soft reset or Orig. phone settings:
tools>settings>phone>general>Orig. phone settings.

For hard reset.
*#7370#. (back up the phone memory data by PC Suit).

Lock code is 12345 (default).

Message Edited by korngear on 13-Sep-200701:34 PM

Please use plain text.
Contributor

That code dosn't work on my N73 :smileysad: !Any other suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

That is weird, can you just not be able to type them or is your phone's screen is blanc?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

No it's not dead, but if I type code *#7780# nothing happening....if I press call than it's saying "Not Done" .....same thing happend if I try other code *#7370#.... if I try * + green + 3 + ON/OF button again noting happening
I've seen on some other forum that it can be done by entering letter code *#RESO# but there is no explanation how to enter letters 'cos when you type always numbers coming up....

Is there any software in the market like i had for Nokia 6600 "System Tools" which has future to restore phone for you...?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi malajac

Unfortunately it's a pnemonic *#7370# = *#RES0#

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

if someone has changed the default lock code 12345 then how can we reset the phone?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

If you cannot soft-reset the phone because you don't have the security code then you can hard-reset it.

Assuming your phone is an N73 (why else would you be posting in this thread?) then switch it off. Press simultaneously the '3', '*' and green 'call' buttons. With these 3 buttons pressed down, switch the phone on and keep pressing the 3 buttons until the phone shows signs of life such as the Nokia "handshake" logo or the region selection screen.

Note that it is a bit fiddly and you might have to go about it several times before getting it right.

One thing I'm not sure about is whether this hard reset does reset the security code to 12345. It will, however completely wipe the phone's memory.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

IF someone has changed the default lock code and has not made u aware of it and u r in a situation that u could not reach that person or that person is not willing to say the changed one to you( shh have a break )

The only thing is to visit a Nokia care center and reset it back to default Lock code

Three finger reset in case of N73 will not reset it back to the default code

In case of N73 "Forgotten the code, Visit a Nokia care center" :smileytongue:

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kathihemanth

[ Edited ]

i am reset my nokia n73,but it is not accepting the code(12345),

what can i do .....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If you have set your own Security Code..You have to enter that code instead.. If you have forgotten or haven't set your own and still 12345 does not work then the only place to get that reset is Nokia Care..Pl. carry the proof of purchase / ownership (Bill / Invoice)..

BTW keep a back-up of your data..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jag86

thank you... :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
josefinesalamat

how can i reset the original setting password.. because the *3 and green dial , did not operate with my phone to see password... and the big problem of my phone is, when i sending a message. it hang for 15-20 minutes waiting.. but thas only the problem

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hi Josefinesalamat,

Have you tried the default codes for security code of 1234, 12345 or 0000? If you have hard reset your phone it should come up saying to select your country....then you will know for sure that the hard reset was successful. If this hasn't worked, try checking for any firmware updates available on Nokia Suite. If that doesn't work and neither does the hard reset, then you will need to take your phone to your local Nokia Care point for them to inspect.

to locate your nearest Nokia Care point: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nok21

Re: n73

may n73 camera always coming on even I don't need! whats wrong with this, can somebosy have any suggestion please...

Please use plain text.