Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

s40 FOTA update

Advisor
AkshDey
Accepted Solution

s40 FOTA update

hey there, i want to FOTA update my phone Nokia X2-01. My regional Nokia website is showing that new firmware (v8.70) available. But when i try to check for updates via phon, from its settings menu. It display no new update available. Can u tell me what might be the reason? And another query, is it really safe to update the firmware using FOTA with a EDGE connection? How long it may take?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: s40 FOTA update

Availability of Updates depend on Product Code also..so even if your Regional Nokia site shows an availability it need not be for YOUR Device. BTW, why don't you check thru' Nokia suite because sometimes updates are leleased thru' either of these 2 channels and not Both. File size for Firmware update thru' FOTA is considerably smaller than in the case of thru' Nokia Suite because thru' FOTA only the updated components are installed whereas thru' Nokia Suite the whole OS is re-written with the updates. The file size may range from 5 to 25MB ..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
AkshDey

my calculator has stopped working. What do u suggest FOTA or update thru Nokia suit? Or by visiting Nokia Care? As i heard lots of failed firmware update attempts and boot failiuor.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

FOTA will not give you option for Re-installing the Firmware but Nokia Suite will... Try the Nokia Suite.. anyways you have left the option to visit Nokia Care open..so if it fails get it done thru' Nokia Care ..

BTW the failed updates may be just a few if you compare it to Successful ones...You see many threads regarding it because normally users come here (on this Forum) in case of problems..

As for the non-working Calculator, a simple Reboot or a Factory Reset may do the trick.. Back-up data before doing it just for Safety...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
AkshDey

i did factory reset but it didnt work. :c btw thanks pal..
Please use plain text.
Sage
rohitms2711

Then try reinstalling the firmware that should solve your problem.
If you find this post helpful please click the white star,Thanks.
Please use plain text.