Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 'set up voice mail' how2remove?

Counsellor

'set up voice mail' how2remove?

[ Edited ]
Hi,

I have an item on my active standby screen which says, 'set up voice mail'. My provider doesn't have this facility and so I want to delete it an use the space for something else - or nothing else.

I select it and press 'C', and it says 'Hide voice mail setup shortcut?', which seems to be what I'm after, so I press 'Yes', and indeed it goes away.

However, it seems to come back after a reboot (maybe at other times too, not sure).

How do I make it go away completely, and permanently?

Max.

Message Edited by davidmaxwaterma on 24-Jan-2008 08:43 AM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Set the voice mail number to someone, who you want to be on a "speed dial" for the '1' key (a long press will then call that number, even if it isn't really your voice mail).
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Tools / Settings / General / Personalisation / Active Standby / Extras / uncheck the voice mail feature.

I've translated it from Croatian, so it may not be literally like this, but I guess you'll manage :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

On my e90, I have :

Tools / Settings / General / Personalisation

but I have no 'Active Standby'. Instead, I have 'Standby mode', which contains :

Active standby On
Shortcuts -> Left/Right selection key
Active standby apps. -> Shortcut 1-8
Active standby plug-ins -> list of applications, but no voice mail
Active standby mailbox -> mymailisp

Not sure exactly why yours is different...

Setting it up to do a one-click dial thing seemed to make it disappear, so it's not really a problem - seems like a bit of a cludge though.

Max.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

It's not different, I was just too lazy to switch to english :smileyhappy:

It's under active stand-by plugins, and it's called "Voice msg. notifier".

But, OK, if you've already solved it, that's also fine.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

haha, I see it now. So obvious when you know :smileyhappy:

Thanks very much!

Max.
Please use plain text.