Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: system error on nokia c7 symbian belle

Advisor
tarbiya

system error on nokia c7 symbian belle

Hi, I'm having problem on my nokia c7, sometimes it hangs and when i restart it shows a message ''system error'', i don't knows why is this happening i restored my phone but still its showing error report although in phone message it shows the number instead of person name which is already saved in contacts. Please help.........
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Hi tarbiya,

Please perform a hard reset by entering *#7370# and default security code 12345.

Don't forget to make a back up first with Nokia Suite. Go to Tools > Back up, but don't make a back up of your settings. 

You can restore the back up onto your phone after the reset by going to Tools > Restore. 

Also update the phone's software to make sure it works to it's full potential, you can do this by clicking on the green arrow in Nokia Suite. 

Let me know if you manage to resolve the issue, otherwise I can provide further support.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
tarbiya

Hi Iris9290,

thanx for your suggestion but is there any other way to solve this problem coz i don't want to hard reset my phone, doing so i'll loose all my games and applications :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Hi tarbiya,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Actually you won't loose any data when you make a back up with Nokia Suite. Go to Tools > Back up to create a back up of all the files on your phone. All applications will be restored to your phone when your restore the back up via Tools > Restore after you've performed the reset.

Also, if at any time you were to loose your applications, you will be able to redownload them via the Nokia Store > My stuff or by contacting your local Care line. All you need for that is your IMEI (*#06#) or your Nokia account name. 

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
djringmaster

sadly this is not fixing my problem with the system error notice, i have hard reset and even reinstalled the belle update and that is not working, still coming up with the error so, what should i do

Please use plain text.