Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

unable to connect N95 with laptop by bluetooth

Contributor
eng_sam

unable to connect N95 with laptop by bluetooth

Hello

I want to connect nokia N95 8gb with my Laptob using bluetooth serial port, but i'm shocked when discovered N95 does not support serial port profile (spp)!!!!! and the laptob can not open virtual bluetooth serial port to transfer data.

Thank you in advance

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: unable to connect N95 with laptop by bluetooth

Open bluetooth on your laptop, and set it to be seen by other devices. By default, laptop bluetooth is hidden. Then of course you need to set the bluetooth on the N95 to be shown to all as well. Use the laptop bluetooth software to search and pair the devices.

Also, I am not sure if this is possible if Ovi Suite or PC Suite is not installed.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
eng_sam

[ Edited ]

Thanks Mr: chanchan05

for reply and follow-up

I did  this work before posting this problem.

But why did not open a channel of communication for data exchange.

Sir, I want to send data to the laptop from nokia N95 and retrive this data by small software.

Now.I will explain more details for this problem

When I through the work of the laptop serial Bluetooth connection is a Bluetooth device in laptop doing a search for available devices, but can not open the Bluetooth serial communication channel as I want

When he finished the process and click the Finish button.

leave message as follows:

Close the remote device connection .

Sir, I hope I have brought it to what you will exactly is the problem

thanks Mr in advance

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

You can send files.

1. Open bluetooth connection of laptop

2. Open bluetooth connection of n95

3. On your n95, open the folder of the file you want to send

4. highlight the file you want to send

5. Select Options>Send>Via Bluetooth

6. The phone will search for active bluetooth devices, then select your laptop

7. Accept the transfer on your laptop

If you mean that you want to open the folders of your phone on the PC, You might need to open the connection via PC Suite or Ovi Suite. I am not sure as to the extent of this possibility since I always use cables to connect my phone and PC (its like, 10x faster IMO).

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
eng_sam

Sir.....

I do not want to send files, ...............but I want to send data sequentially by Bluetooth

I have a laptop-type dell 1545 also N95 Nokia device....

I want to send data from the N95 Acceleration Senssor, and send it by blutooth to my laptop and   retrive this data by small software....

after that i want use this data for control.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

You want to use your n95 as a controller for the PC using accelerator software? You cant access that. That is software integrated pieces in the phone's firmware. Basically its part of the OS. If you want to say use the n95 as controller for a game using accelerometer, you'd have to install a compatible software on both phone and PC that allows this. I saw one available at forum.dailymobile.se, but I lost the link.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
eng_sam

"Basically its part of the OS...."

Is the operating system on laptop affect?

"you'd have to install a compatible software on both phone and PC that allows this...."

I want to know what programs and software are required its presence on the mobile and laptop to do this work ?

Another question:

Do you can make N95  device support serial port profile (spp)?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

[ Edited ]

I am talking about the phone OS.

As for what programs, depends on what you want to do when you connect the phone and the laptop. For example the program I know of just lets you use the phone as some sort of "steering controller" for games like NFS, and nothing else.

None that I know of. Some people have had success making the N95 connect BSPP to their car systems for GPS navigation, but I havent encountered any for laptops.

Please use plain text.
adhamenaya

Hi brothers,

I think I've understood what is eng_sam meaning..

He want to send data axtraced from N95 accelreation sensor to Laptop using Bluettoth connection channel, so that he  want to establish a connection channel between the mobile phone(N95) and Laptop...

To open a bluetooth connection he wants virual serial connection, to achive that he has to utilze the SPP orifile in bluetooth technology, his question how to operate on this profile to send data as virtual serial connection ...

I hope that what are you mean sam, if so i hope anyone have an answer to help us, as it's a common problem even to me .

Please use plain text.