Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: unlocked Roger N8 koodo SIM registration fail

JakeNederend

unlocked Roger N8 koodo SIM registration fail

I just bought a Roger's locked Nokia N8, then successfully unlocked it via cellunlockers.net. 

When I put my Koodo sim card in, I get an error message: sim card registration failed. I then tried a Fido sim card and everything worked fine. 

Any idea what is going on here? Am I stuck with a $200 brick?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

JakeNederend wrote:

I just bought a Roger's locked Nokia N8, then successfully unlocked it via cellunlockers.net. 

Don't know the procedure in Canada, but does Koodo SIM card need to be registered to work?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
JakeNederend

Not sure what you mean by registered? It is an active SIM card if that helps, as I am currently using it in my Samsung Galaxy Ace. The Fido SIM card is inactive.

I also tried a Virgin Mobile SIM card which also worked.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

I would try getting another Koodo SIM card in this case, if all the other network carriers' SIM cards are working. It may be a case of a rare SIM card error or something or other.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.