Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

viber app for symbian

mohitx7

viber app for symbian

i recently installed viber on my nokia x7 running symbian belle os. But when i started it i came to know that it doesn't have a calling option unlike android and ios phones. This is utter disappointment for me and i think for many nokia users. I would like to know will there be any updation regarding viber app in the coming or i should uninstall it because it is of no use if it does not have a calling option. Please update regarding this.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Re: viber app for symbian

[ Edited ]

Viber is a third party app and you should ask them on their website http://helpme.viber.com/ or on twitter @ViberSupport

I personally uninstalled Viber from the 3 handsets I put it on since the battery consumption in idle state was 10 times bigger than normal because it was keeping data connection open constantly. I might try it later, if and when they fix it. What's the point of viber if it eats over 50% of battery in 12 hours without being used.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

@93tid.

That's interesting because Viber running on my N8 with Belle (not refresh) hasn't had any significant impact on my battery. What devices did you install it on?

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Sage
wezzyd

does it run in the background constant like whatsapp?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Magdy1955

Hi

How did you get the Viber for the Nokia N8 and how did you install it, I tried to downloading it to my N8 from Nokia suit but every timt it gives me an error messege after the downloading finished.

So can you tell me please from where you download it and is it works perfect with you?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Log into Nokia store on your PC and search for Viber. Then in your browsers address bar, type /download at the end of whats already there. Choose where to download to on your PC and once done copy it to your phone. Thens simply tap on the sis file to start the installation.

Ray
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

[ Edited ]

wezzyd wrote:
does it run in the background constant like whatsapp?

It did not show in the list of apps running in the background which my Netquin Mobile Guard brings up, however I had either a WiFi or mobile data connection open all the time, depending on where I was. Nokia Energy profiler showed 10 times higher idle consumption than normal so I promptly got rid of the app and everything went back to normal.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Magdy1955 wrote:

Hi

How did you get the Viber for the Nokia N8 and how did you install it, I tried to downloading it to my N8 from Nokia suit but every timt it gives me an error messege after the downloading finished.

So can you tell me please from where you download it and is it works perfect with you?

Thanks

I installed it direct to handset from Nokia Store via Nokia Suite.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

rayhipkiss wrote:

@93tid.

That's interesting because Viber running on my N8 with Belle (not refresh) hasn't had any significant impact on my battery. What devices did you install it on?

Ray.

N8 with Belle Refresh, 808 on Belle FP1 and C7 on standard Belle. All 3 devices displayed the same battery behaviour, losing around 10% per hour in standby and showing an open data connection all the time.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Magdy1955

Hi

I tried a several of times to install it from Nokia Suit and at the end of the installation I receive " error message" and didn't install at all in my N8 so what is wrong ? You said you downloaded from the nokia suit and it works with you !!

Looking for your reply if you have a solution

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

93tid wrote:

N8 with Belle Refresh, 808 on Belle FP1 and C7 on standard Belle. All 3 devices displayed the same battery behaviour, losing around 10% per hour in standby and showing an open data connection all the time.

My N8 has dropped six percent in five hours and 48 minutes with Viber running in the background. I'm measuring this using the Battery Info widget. I haven't any reason to think that that widget is giving me false information and has seemed to be quite accurate over the months I've been using it.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Magdy1955

Hi to all

I finally install it in my N8 it seems the problem was in having enough space in the main memory any how I need to ask you is it only for sending text or email and there is no way to call any other Viber users as we do with the android?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Magdy1955 wrote:

Hi to all

I finally install it in my N8 it seems the problem was in having enough space in the main memory any how I need to ask you is it only for sending text or email and there is no way to call any other Viber users as we do with the android?

Thanks

This version of Viber for Symbian only allows us to send text and picture messages and doesn't currently allow voice calls. You can check for updates for the Viber app to see if voice calling will be added in future versions.

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
timbertrade

I have a problem. I installed viber to my Nokia N8 couplet of times and each time when I send a message to someone to ''join viber'' they get the message and they reply. I get the reply on viber, but when I want to send another message to them or picture I get message on my phone that the person I am replying to has no viber and do I want to send them SMS to join viber (even though they have it and they sent me viber message as previously explained).

thank you for answers.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
timbertrade

i send sms invitation for viber and I get viber message back from that person, but I cannot get him on my viber contact list. how to do this?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GiotaN8

Hello, I'd like to know if the problem you had with your viber contacts and messages finally being solved. I have the same problem and when I try to reply the messages my friends send to me, I can't. :thumbdown: :confused: 

Please use plain text.