Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: which is better nokia 5230, 5530,5800 xpress m...

Registered Member

which is better nokia 5230, 5530,5800 xpress music or n97 mini

tell me which is the best, the worst, the second and the third.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: which is better nokia 5230, 5530,5800 xpress music or n97 mini

It's impossible to say which is the best because different people have different needs and budgets. It all depends on what you want to use the phone for.

Look at the specifications of each one and decide which suits your needs and budget the best.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I got a 5800 this week. the phone is good. the music available is great. the music protection meens you cant burn onto cds or memory sticks so usless for car use :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

That's only because you are using the "come with music" service that follows strict DRM rules.  It's not a fault of the phone.

Music from many other sources don't have the strict protection like this so you can do whatever you want with them.

Message Edited by psychomania on 23-Oct-2009 01:08 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

From music part, I would go-choose-pick the N97 Mini, the N97 has very very good sound quality among other Nokia handset devices. Have not been to Nokia Forum (www.forum.nokia.com), just go there, they nicely redesigned the forum, you can compare the above mentioned phones there.

Also qwerty is an important factor here, again, if you want qwerty you gotta get N97 Mini. It is sleek, stylish, kind of Mini than it's Big bro (and most probably with less bugs too).

Design wise: N97 Mini>5530 XM> 5800 XM>5230 XM

Music Quality Wise: N97 Mini, and the rests are almost the same.

To me, music and design plays very important driving factors about the models you mentioned, also best if you got to a near retailer take a close among 'em.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Sage
RhomANZ2

"tell me which is the best, the worst, the second and the third. "

Depends on ones needs..like for me I don't need GPS or 3G..so my best pic would be 5530 with kinetic scrolling, sleek design and pocket size (not bulky) and more enhanced homescreen, plus cheaper.

Nokia 5530 Xpress Music

v11.0.054

"How We Respond Is Who We Are..."
Please use plain text.
Advisor

each one has its own advantages. select a budget phone and include features u need. e.g if u do not need 3g then 5530 is gr8.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jeffrey85

About the 3G issue, If you only use the mobile Internet network for getting the headers of your email, would that make a big difference instead of using 3G or 3.5G?
Because I think that most people don't like to pay much money for mobile broadband and instead surfing the web through WiFi.
(In Belgium it is pretty expensive)
Please use plain text.