Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

why 5230, 5235?

Professor
pudu
Accepted Solution

why 5230, 5235?

any idea on difference between 5230 and 5235?
Is 5235 modified version of 5230 with some fixes?

I don't see any difference except unlimited music download for 180days and price difference is around 1000 rupees in india which is not worth enough to be, because mp3s are available for free in some sites and also can be converted from any format
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: why 5230, 5235?

http://www.mobile88.com/news/read.asp?file=/2010/3/13/20100313132043&phone=Nokia_5235-vs-Nokia_5230-...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Professor
pudu

thanks farby for referring, thats what i have gone thruogh but some spec are wrong on that site like tv-out
Any more idea?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

@pudu One noticeable difference is the accessory, 5235 comes with  Nokia Stereo Headset WH-701, having tested once it produces awesome sound quality . 5230 comes with a cheap set of ear-phones.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Professor
pudu

yes, thats one good point,
Is 5235 a music xpress
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

No it doesn't come under Xpressmusic tag. It is 5235......

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Professor
pudu

that means, difference is headset and music download.

Thats what i was thinking.
When nokia 5230 first released in india there was some firmware and battery hot complaint. And after sometime it was not available in store(out of stock without reason).

So i thought, fixed those bugs and release with new model no. with increase in price
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

pudu wrote:
that means, difference is headset and music download.

That is more or less it.

Please use plain text.
Professor
pudu

and that is the secret of every company in modern world of competition

Hahahaha....
Please use plain text.
Professor
romperompe

5235 has a metal chrome rim..
IF YOU FIND POSTS HELPFUL HIT THE BIG GREEN BOX TO THE LEFT WITH THE WHITE STAR IN IT THANKS
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AEROSAT

5230 vs 5235!!!

[ Edited ]

I think this info will satisfy most of the guys who had bought 5235. Actually the most remarkable difference b/w 5230 and 5235 lies in its NAND memory.. 5235 supports 512MB whereas 5230 supports only 256MB of NAND memory.. Moreover additional benefits are:

1. Ear phones

2. Music license

I had confirmed this from Nokia Care itself. Also I want some guys to confirm this too. Also is there anyone who had used both the mobiles and could see some difference??

Please use plain text.
Professor
pudu

wooow
Thats a remarkable diffrence in memory, some site describe it as 320mb accessible for 5235 and 70mb for 5230. Indian version has same specification in term of memory.

See under memory sectction http://www.nokia.co.in/find-products/products/nokia-5235/specifications
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pabilaner

@pudo the most precious thing about the free music download feature of the other phone is that instead of buying the song, it's free. Nokia pays the artists of the s0ngs that u download, unlike downloading free but pirated copies of that s0ng.
Please use plain text.