Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

wifi issue latest updates

Counsellor
navendukumar100

wifi issue latest updates

After the update to Nokia Belle, my 3G and/or Wifi connection doesn’t work anymore. I get the error message: "Connection failed. Access denied". What should I do?

After the update to Nokia Belle you have to re-enter Wifi settings (network, security type, password, etc) or define your network as a new access point. There are also some problems where certain apps, for example "SPB Wireless monitor", are preventing your phone from accessing 3G and/or Wifi. To check this and solve your problem please do the following:

• Check Nokia Store via www.nokia.com/store > "My stuff" if you have previously downloaded SPB Wireless monitor to your phone
  • If yes, please close Nokia Suite via File > Exit
  • Connect your phone to computer with a USB cable in mass storage mode (you can set this in the Notification bar via USB > mass storage)
  • Open Windows Explorer on your computer, go to [phone drive letter]:\Private and rename or delete these folders: 20042D1D and 101f7989
  • Close Windows Explorer, and unplug the USB cable after using the "safely remove hardware and reject media" function
  • Reboot your phone
  • Configure your wireless network, ie. enter accesspoints and passwords, or try to connect using your mobile data plan.
  • If you want to reinstall SPB Wireless monitor, go to Nokia store to redownload it

After the update to Nokia Belle, there are problems with Wifi connection using LEAP authentication. The phone already tries to connect before I have time to fully enter the username/password. What should I do?

To solve this timeout problem, please edit the Wifi internet access point. You can find it via  via Menu>Settings>Connectivity>Settings>Network destinations. It will be under one of the destinations, most likely in Internet destinations. Then edit the access point via Internet access point > WLAN security settings > EAP Plugin Settings >  Eap-LEAP and set "Username" and "Password". Make also sure to set "Prompt password" to "No".

• After the update to Nokia Belle, I cannot anymore connect to Internet with my phone.  I get the error message: “Connection failed. Access denied". What should I do?

The apps "SPB Wireless Monitor Lite" and "SPB Wireless Monitor" may be preventing your phone from accessing the internet, if they have been downloaded to your phone before the Nokia Belle update. If possible, please uninstall these apps before updating to Nokia Belle. If you are experiencing data connection problems after the Nokia Belle update, then please check if you had downloaded either of these apps earlier on your phone by browsing via your PC to Nokia Store: www.nokia.com/store  > "My stuff".  If you can see either of these apps, then please first try fix the problem by redownloading these apps on your phone:

• Connect your phone with a USB cable to PC and ensure that you have Nokia Suite running
    • In Nokia Store, select the name of these apps under "My stuff" and then select "Download" > "Download on PC"
    • After the apps have been redownloaded, please reboot your phone and verify that you are able to browse the internet on your phone for example by opening www.nokia.com in your phone’s browser

If you still get the same error message or if you not able to re-install these apps from Nokia Store for some reason, only then follow the remaining steps to manually disable these apps

• Close Nokia Suite via File > Exit

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: wifi issue latest updates

@navendukumar100

It might be a courtesy to credit source of much of this information:http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-faq

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

Re: wifi issue latest updates

LMAO
Join my movement to bring a change in NOKIA for good by supporting my FORUM
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.