Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

wifi not connecting

Contributor
NS1647
Accepted Solution

wifi not connecting

i've a nokia E7(belle refresh). I cannot connect to my college wifi network using it ,gives authentication failed whenever i trynto connet to wifi. Here are the details of wifi network
ssid:mac wireless-1
data bearer:wlan
secuirty:wpa/wpa2(infrastructure)
eap-peap and mschapv2 enabled
correctly putting everything(usr name and psswrd) still i can't connect.plz hlp.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Re: wifi not connecting

Hi

Firstly are you able to connect to any other WiFi i.e your own personal one? Do you have any issues with any other WiFi?
If you have no issues with other WiFi but just your college one and you are sure all the credentials you have entered are correct I recommend speaking your college I.T department or your college I.T support for further assistance.
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NS1647

i'm able to connect to wep protected or open networks.but not wpa/wpa2
protected networks.
And also my college I.T deparment is also unable to find the problem. My friends are able to connect using thier android phones but i'm not . College network uses no certificate.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

Have you been able to connect to any other WiFi with WPA/WPA 2 ?

Just try to establish whether there a compatibility issue with your college WiFi or an issue with WPA/WPA 2. If possible see if you are able to use and connect to any other WiFi which use's WPA/WPA2.

I think it could be a compatibility issue with the WiFi router as I have an E7 which I have tested with a WPA/WPA2 connection and it is working fine so I am unable to recreate the issue you are having, also software version is Belle Refresh.

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
tarzan1984

hi, a also have a problem in my n78, before i used to connect in our wi-fi connection in the house but as i change the time and updated it automatically, since then i wasnt able anymore to connect on the wi-fi connection in the house...it was totally lost, no more WLAN connnections found..it is gone but my sisters using their cellphone, they were able to connect on our wi-fi connection except my cellphone..please do reply..i need help..thanks........:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NikolaVulikic

After updating 701 to belle fp2 my wifi connected with no problem. but after restoring my data, I can't connect to wifi. It constantly says 'Connection failed, no network acces'. Can anyone solve this problem for me? 

Please use plain text.